Chapter Seventeen

Chapter seventeen

*Alyson's P.O.V.*

It had been four days since I came back to London. Back to Harry. I was ready to go home. To go see my baby girl that was so far away. I wanted to cuddle with her and watch Looney Toons. I slept in the guest room of the boys' giant house. Clara and Briana stayed in Niall and Zayns' rooms. I thought it had been best that Harry and I not sleep together. I didn't want to get reattached. I was due to leave London in three days. I didn't know where I stood with Harry. I wouldn't allow myself to stay. To destroy all of the work I had done to protect him from this. From seeing us. I knew Harry wouldn't just let me go. He wouldn't go to the airport and hug me goodbye. No. I had to do what I did before.

Disappear.

*Niall's P.O.V*

I woke up to Clara next to me. She was still asleep. I smiled at her face. Her mouth hung open and one of her eyebrows was raised. I tried to chuckle quietly, but it didn't work very well. I ended up laughing really loud. Shaking Clara awake. Her electric green eyes slowly started to open.

"Shh no. Go back to sleep princess." I whispered. Her eyes fluttered closed. Back to sleep, with a beautiful smile on her face. Things within the house had become very awkward since Alyson had come back. But Harry has very slowly moved back to who he was. He smiled more often now, his drinking had calmed down, and he hadn't gotten in a fight since Al came back. I wanted to talk to her. I slowly pulled the duvet off of my body and stood. I slowly tip-toed out of the room, shutting the door behind me. I quietly walked down the hallway to the guest room. I stopped in front of the door and heard Alyson talking. Well mostly whispering.

"Yeah, I should be home in just a few days. I have to think of a way to get away. He isn't going to just let me go. He will fight back. No Alana. I can't stay. You can't come here either. Yeah, okay. Let me talk to Mel." What was she talking about? Was she going to leave? She started to talk again. "Hi baby! How are you doing? That's good. Yes, Mummy will be home soon. Mummy misses you more princess. How is Bear?" She laughed. "He licked your face? Again? Okay beautiful, go play with auntie Lana. Mummy loves you too. Goodbye my baby." She hung up the phone. I pushed the door open. I saw her wipe her eyes before turning to me. 

"Niall. Morning." She said. She didn't think I had heard anything.

"Alyson, I heard everything." Her face dropped. I sat down on the bed beside her. She fell into my arms. I rubbed her back softly, shushing her quiet sobs. She sat herself back up. 

"Niall, you can't tell anyone. Please. I'm begging you." I nodded.

"Tell me something, " She nodded. "Why won't you stay. I know you want to. Why don't you? You know we all need you here." I said to her. She only shook her head.

"Because. Mel and I will ruin everything. Everything for all of you. The fans. The pap. Modest. Everything will go wrong for all of you if I stay." She said. Her voice cracked. Why did she see this as a bad thing? 

"Just give it a try Al. Please. You deserve that much. We all do. You won't ever know until you do it. Please Al." She sucked in a deep breath of air. 

"Okay. Fine. But if it doesn't feel right, then we will leave again. As much as I know it will kill you all, it's what's best." She said. She was going to stay. I knew that everything was going to be just fine. When she saw Melanie with Harry, she would stay with us. She had to.

*Three days later*

I don't know how, but Niall convinced me into staying. He said that I had to at least try to see what happened. So I decided to have Alana fly to London with Mel. I would give this one shot. If it didn't work, I wanted to move somewhere else. I really wanted to move to the United States. So that they wouldn't find us again. Maybe Oregon. I heard it was a very pretty state. I figured Mel would love a change of scenery. I drove to the airport alone. In the car, I had the radio playing. It started to beep. An alarm. 

"Flight 182 has suddenly malfunctioned. It is very rapidly falling from the sky. We estimate that there will be no survivors. Officers are now blockading the London National Airport. Let's pray for the families of these passengers. And for the passengers. Thank you for listening."

My heart was pounding. Mel and Alana were on flight 182. My hands started to tremble and my eyes started to blur from the boiling tears. I pulled the car up to the blockade ahead and parked it. I pulled my phone out and called someone. I didn't see who.

"Hello?" It was Liam. 

"Liam get to the airport. It's an emergency. Their plane... It's crashing." I sobbed. I heard shuffling and yelling.

"Honey we'll be right there okay? Stay put. Everything will be just fine." It was Lou. I replied with a quiet, okay, and hung up the phone. It felt like years had gone by when I saw the giant black Cadillac pull up next to my car. Niall was the first out of the car. He came right to my door, opening it and pulling me out. I rested in his arms, sobbing. 

"Move. Where is she?" Harry said. He came over to Niall and I. Niall released me from his arms. I moved to Harry. How could this happen. "Shhh it's going to be okay. Don't worry beautiful girl. She'll be okay. Everything will be just fine. Shh." He said to me. It took a mere five minutes before we saw 182. My baby was on that plane. I was going to lose her. I would lose the two people I cared for most in my life. Just like that. It whirled down to the ground. When it collided, I heard a scream. It was me. I was screaming. I didn't hear anyone else. I ran past the blockade. Towards my baby.