Chapter seven

Trust me.

The two words kept on echoing inside Harry’s head. For once, he felt precious because someone wanted to earn his trust. He wasn’t really any of a big deal anyway but Zayn rather made him feel important.

The raven haired bloke took Harry to his car, offering him a ride home. Harry gladly accepts knowing Zayn wouldn’t let him refuse his proposal. He could be so persistent at times, but the curly lad loved it.

Because yet again, he felt precious.

“I didn’t know your house was just blocks away from mine?” Zayn announced after parking his car in front of Harry’s house. His golden brown orbs observed on how luxurious the house could get. “On top of that, you own a mansion!” he added, not averting his eyes on the bronze barred gate.

“I-It’s not really as beautiful as it looks like...” Harry mumbled shyly, not really used to people praising his home. Well who would when he really had no one to praise every single thing he owned, he never had friends until he met Zayn.

“Come on Haz! You never told me you were rich, man I could get use to this! Where’s your Lamborghini?” Zayn teased pulling on a playful act. Harry chuckled at his funny antics telling him he didn’t own one. But he did own an Aston Martin One though he never once thought of parking it at school. He didn’t want to cause a commotion once the boys from sixth form learned he had one, plus it wasn’t on his image to own such a posh car.

“D-Do, do you w-want to come in?” he timidly asked before looking away, afraid that Zayn might refuse him but what more luck could he get when he heard the lad beside him cheer an audible “Yes! I’d love to!”

Harry turned to face the lad, seeing Zayn smile caused his heart to flutter with excitement. He was squirming on his seat, he really had the hots on him. He was desperate for more but he knew the feeling wasn’t mutual. Zayn would never look at him in that sort of way. They would be better of as friends, though he wishes for a great miracle to happen.

Before long, both lads unbuckled their seatbelts before climbing out of the car. Zayn held in his breath at the sight of the mansion’s greatness.

“I’ve seen a lot but this one’s better.” he claimed as Harry had the padlock unlocked.

The two entered and passed by the gate. The path leading them towards the house was extravagant. Zayn observed on the various shrubbery that were trimmed neatly forming sorts of images and shapes. The white roses filling either sides of the lane were pleasing to his eyes, not to mention the mini fountain which somehow resembled the one from their school looked splendid.

Harry’s house amused him very much to the point that he had to look stupid from gawking on its perfection.

“Coming in?” Harry sneered, quite entertained by Zayn’s funny reaction.

“You bet.” he replied with a wink.

Upon entering the house, he was stunned by the indulgence almost immediately. Everything his eyes could perceive was ivory. He was right, Harry did come from heaven after all. But Zayn quickly shook all his contemplation seeing to it that he was acting stupid. He even heard Harry chuckle at him, he felt embarrassed.

“You know what, let’s just go to my room.” Harry suggested.

“Great idea.”

As both were making their way towards Harry’s room, Zayn couldn’t help but to notice the various paintings on the wall. He got fascinated by the proficiency on each stroke, it was a masterpiece.

“Who painted that?” Zayn asked, curiosity completely taking over him. “The woman in a wedding gown.” he pointed.

“My dad.” Harry answered curtly. He never thought Zayn would ask such crucial things. Yes, the paintings were important because everything was done by his father.