Chapter twelve

It wasn’t that easy for Harry to do this. It was absolutely against his will to walk down the school corridors with his head drooping to avoid making eye contact with him. It wasn’t easy for the curly lad to avoid Zayn Malik for 3 days. The least he can do to keep him safe is to avoid him. Harry didn’t want to get started with Zayn asking how it went with his resignation because Harry was sure he wouldn’t be amused of what he may have to report. Harry could never escape from Louis’ firm clutches, and that was his tragic fate.

“You know it’s really unattractive seeing you chewing on your fingers.” Liam scoffed as he began stretching his back, causing a light crackle which rather felt good for the taller lad. Zayn pulled his hand back on his side realizing he was really doing something thoughtless, it was indeed unattractive and juvenile.

It was happening again, Zayn was being ignored for the second time and he bloody didn’t enjoy it. He was totally confused of what Harry has gotten into his mind that he wouldn’t even talk to him. How could he even start a conversation when Harry would run as fast as he could once he sensed Zayn in close proximity. This would always leave Zayn looking bewildered and astounded.

“What have I ever done?” he questioned himself while sporting a deep frown which Liam chose to ignore as he was busy tapping gleefully on his phone. Zayn was utterly clueless but he wasn’t planning on staying ignorant for that long. He will force the words out of Harry’s mouth whether he likes it or not. It was as if the consoling he had done meant nothing to him. Zayn had been there, sitting together with him as he voluntarily listened to Harry’s sufferings. So he had all the rights to feel staggered at the sudden treatment Harry was giving him.

Being the spirited lad he always was, Zayn wouldn't let this matter slip by without him having to figure out the whole situation. Harry wasn’t making any sense so to put his perplexity aside, Zayn had planned something to oblige Harry in explaining the oddity they were currently engaging in.

~

The curly lad didn’t like the stares he was receiving from the men within the classroom. Their sociology teacher had left early giving the remaining time to carry out a self study which was barely done by the students. Harry wanted to leave but the bell hasn’t rung yet, it would be an offensive action if he was seen wandering around the halls during class hours. He was being picked on again, but the bullies took it to a whole new level. They practically wanted Harry to strip himself and make his way towards the teacher’s table to entertain them all.

“Hey! Heard from Peyton you’re a slut eh?” some guy who Harry hasn’t paid much attention before began questioning his disposition. Harry didn’t respond, instead he kept his head hang low where the curls did a great job on hiding his watery eyes.

“Hey faggot, answer us! How much for a night?” an exchange of laughter was then heard from the conceited male students, of course some just opted to stay quiet knowing they wouldn’t make a change if they stand up for the pitiable bloke, the banters would most definitely just be passed on them if they chose to meddle in and that was the last thing they wanted to happen.

But the Irish lad wouldn’t care less if he’d end up being the laughingstock after defending his delicate friend.

“Screw you people! What has Harry ever done to you desperate idiots?!” Niall screeched, slamming both his hands on his desk, catching all the attentions. He didn’t regret doing such a dodgy thing, hell he wasn’t one to abandon his friends during an uptight situation. Harry had become his friend and the Irish lad wouldn’t want him to writhe under these hollow tyrants.

Harry had already predicted the loud bundle of laughs flooding from the bullies’ mouth. But what he didn’t predict was Niall standing up for him. He knew Niall was his friend though he wasn't sure if he regard him as one too but when the lad defended him, he felt as though the times he had spent with Niall were actually genuine and the lad did consider him as his friend after all.