Chapter twenty eight

There are times when Liam craved for silence. Although it depends on how his headspace worked. If he needed to study for their quiz tomorrow, then he'd most definitely lock himself up in the isolation of his room by the attic. But more often he finds himself scrolling through his phone as it continued to buzz every 3 minute intervals. Annoyed as he may be, he still seized his phone off the desk whilst keeping the scowl firm on his face.

But whatever grimacing he did for the traditional disturbance, he always felt the ounce of betrayal he caused himself, for whatever curtailing he did to his emotions... Liam still ended up smiling.

'Gonna ace this fucking exam Li!! Bet ya I'd score higher than u this time. Wanna bet? Treat me for the whole week if I beat your arse to it! Love u! good night! xxxxxxxx'

7:45pm.

Niall's forever an early dozer. Maybe that's why he's always a manic child who not a soul could tame once he started talking a mile per second. Liam's good at maintaining his composure though, if the occassional shrugs and 'what ever you say Niall' were to go by. But Zayn's dealings were quite brute. Either he would whack the jolly boy's head, (which Niall faulted Zayn for causing him his trifling stupidty) or bite his arm just so the vivacious boy would shut up.

Later, he'd cry to Liam because Zayn gave him a boo boo.

And hell did Liam just want to kiss the boy senseless because why was he doing this to him?

He went home quicker than how he could answer his Science test that day without so much as a goodbye. This time he wasn't craving for the usual taciturnirty his room provided at all times, thank God for the thick interior. And before long the telly was already on it's maximum volume, leaving it blaring with whatever tv show preamble as Liam locked himself in his bathroom, shower on to block the forthcoming sound.

If Liam cried that day for wanking at the thought of Niall. Nobody had to know.

x

'I don't love him. Not anymore.' He told himself one day when the awareness fully grapled his mind. Seeing Niall being a sunshine was a sight none should disregard. But seeing the person you love be the sunshine to someone else's day was very, fucking unsightly. Liam didn't mind the frequent cusses coming. Because Niall's a fucking twat for inadvertedly hurting him. 'And I don't love him anymore.' He repeated, wincing at the thought of how it practically sounded like a pledge. God he's an idiot.

x

Liam moaned from the sunlight that prudently seeped passed through the thin curtains. The natural warmth bathed his skin as he blinked multiple times, wondering how long had he been asleep. The last remnants of his dream was chased away as it really wasn't a nice one, just a fleeting memory of his younger and boyish days. With a mental sigh, he allowed his brain to cautiously focus on something else. And that brought Liam to the event that occured less than 24 hours ago. What happened yesterday was something he didn't want to deal with today. He knew he'd just go back to his prick, jerk, twat nature and cause himself another fit, along these lines were the lovely onset of his day. So might he not bother ruining it. He just turned to yawning, finally managing to fully open both his eyes.

And the sight before him was lovely. Sans the air mask that blocked his view of the boy's pink, sweet looking lips. Niall was slowly breathing, if not the monitor would've indicated him so. It was a constant beep, quite the incentive to cause the euphoria reveling within Liam's system. Niall was alive, after all that happened.