Chapter twenty four

Zayn was never a fan of teas. The warm and sumptuous with delectable undertones of warm earthy flavour never satiated him with contentment nor quenched his thirst. He was more of an exceptional roasted coffee loving person as the black beverage for him was like the sun melting a long winter's snow. It warms the heart. The taste of his French roast delight was so intense that it almost demanded a personal relationship with him.

But then again he thought he was beginning to blather senseless notions inside his head. He was just trying to prove a point, he needn’t to evaluate each of the beverages’ prominence.

“This is all Harry’s fault.” He spoke lowly, rather huskily as he laughed at the remembrance of his boyfriend throwing a small fit about how much better a tea would do to start their morning wholesome and fresh. Zayn shook his head, somehow entertained as he kept the painful grin etched on his face.

He resumed blending his black coffee in hopes of achieving the bitter and rich taste he was craving for this evening. Him and Harry were planning on staying wide-eyed for the whole night as they chat through their phones, the younger boy instigated the idea saying he was to confess something crucial. And that he couldn't wait to tell him, they just had to talk now.

"Zayn? Oh my god, love, are you there? Zayn come here!" Just then, the sound of his mother's worry-filled and groggy voice beckoned him to turn up to their living room where she most likely sat, bewildered by the news she just picked up.

"What is it mum?" Zayn popped his head from the kitchen, brows furrowed to imply how much he didn't want to get bothered whilst he was in the middle of perfecting his cup. "That better not be a rant about keeping up with the Kardashi―

"Niall's missing―oh dear God, Zayn! Maura's on the line, she's calling to ask if you know where Niall is." It was quite hard to fathom Tricia's words as a consequence of her sore throat but at the mention of Niall's name, Zayn just had to rush towards his mother, cup at hand long forgotten, as he seized the phone off his mother's hold.

"Hello? Holy shi―Hello? Mrs. Gallagher?" Zayn rushed the words out, he was entirely in frenzy because Jesus Christ it's 20 minutes before midnight, where the fucking fuck is that Irish idiot? He muttered through his head since he couldn't really ramble on the phone especially when Maura herself wasn't the least bit calm.

"Christ Zayn! Were you with Niall this afternoon? My son hasn't come home yet and we're really, really worried as to where on earth that boy is! He wouldn't answer any of our calls! I couldn't even contact the Payne's right now so I thought of dialing your residence instead. Oh God―Zayn dear, do you happen to know where Niall stayed? I wanted to confirm things first before we announce a search party for my son." Maura's voice had a hint of hoarseness, she must've cried her eyes out before calling them.

"I-I'm so sorry Mrs. Gallagher b-but... I haven't been with Niall since lunch break. I went home as soon as we got dismissed to tend to my mother's medical needs. Oh my God, I didn't know―I have no idea where he could possibly go―fuck! Shit, I'm sorry... shit! Maybe Liam knows, or hopefully he's with the lad! I'll try to contact him through his phone. I'll call you back, please calm down Maura." Zayn rest assured everything, telling the sobbing lady on the other line that Niall was probably just undergoing his rebel years. They ought to serve him more ketchup if they didn't want this occurrence to happen ever again.

As soon as he ended the call, Zayn speed dialled Liam's number and within a short while of tapping his foot on the marbled floor with Tricia looking at him anxiously, the lad had already answered, apparently waking up from his sleep.

"Look if it's about accepting your whore of a boyfriend―

"Where's Niall?!" He didn't want to get started with the annoying prick, he called to ensure Niall's safety. "Fuck Liam! Fucking answer me godfuckingdammit!"