Chapter eighteen

Harry was a kind lad. He was also thoughtful, giving and everyone loves him. His mother would always bake him his favorite cake whenever he gets himself an A in his maths, which wasn’t too often because Harry was no wiz. And all the while, his dad would secretly buy him some sugary treats even though he was fully aware that his son was on a sugar watch. Harry’s life as a child was momentous and action-packed. He had friends, best friends, and admirers. He was also once known as the beautiful flowerchild who was the star turner of the play he partook during his primary years.

Life wasn’t really all about having fun and enjoying every second sensationally. There will always come a time where the heartbreaks settle in.

His mother was then diagnosed with a stage 3 cancer which Harry as a child didn’t know. He just knew his mother was ill and that eventually she would restore to her usual health and his mummy could bake him his favorites again.

But life indeed was cruel for Harry.

4 months prior the consultation, Anne Styles passed away.

Harry being 8 cried for his dear mother’s death. He had sleepless nights, countless nightmares and fears. But Des was there, he never left Harry and as a single father, he took good care of his only son.

“Listen Harry boy, look at your father. No matter what happens, I won’t leave you. We’ll overcome this together, got that tiger? Stay strong for daddy okay? You’re the only one I’ve got.”

The words were still clear in his head, of course. Those were the words he always played in his mind during his fretful twinkling. And finally, he was able to snuggle down the lost of his mother. Sure the child was still sad but with his father being around, everything worked out well and Harry was once happy again.

But it wasn’t the same until they met the Tomlinsons.

Some people just had to die again. And the blames of Des and Jay’s death was then accused on the poor boy, instigating the whole prostitution ordeal.

~

Harry’s feet were sore from the long and tiring walk he just had. He didn’t take his car with him at school, well he never did anyway. But sometimes he did think cars were bought to have their own purpose. As he turned to the next street, the familiar mansion was already in plain sight. He hiked fast towards the gate, fervent to lock himself inside his chamber and hide from the harsh and vindictive absoluteness.

Harry tried unlocking the gates but was only surprised to see that the lock had been replaced. Last time he left the mansion he didn’t change the safety catch. He shook his head having the tousled curls swaying dramatically. Did I ask the house helpers to do this?

“No, I didn’t.” he vocally answered his own conceptual question.

The curly lad was presently in deep thought, contemplating on how this circumstance had happened when clearly he didn’t ask any of the helpers to replace anything. It took 5 plentiful minutes before he snapped out of his trance when a strict looking man appeared from nowhere over the other side of the gates. He was inside Harry’s house and he didn’t even bloody know the person.

“W-Who are you?” Harry questioned quite shocked after seeing him standing tall and aggressive inside. “Could you l-let me i-in?” his words were faltering because the buff man looked too intimidating. Harry wasn’t too sure but he came into a conclusion that he developed a slight fear over big and muscular men after all the involvement of getting relentlessly laid with their likes. To put things in perspective, they were always rough in bed.

“Harry Tomlinson right?” the man queried sternly, not even responding to Harry’s question. It didn’t matter anymore because now all Harry could ever think of was who the actual fuck was this guy? The curly bloke nodded shakily, he wanted to get on with whatever the man’s deal was. If Harry wasn’t feeling too weak and frail at the moment then he could’ve demanded him to open the gates and have his own way, which he highly doubt he could do such bold measures. Harry was never one to shout at people, he was too nice to do that.