Chapter ten

The gym class ended with Niall whining endlessly. The other group started bickering with him once again knowing Niall’s temper was short and they just wanted to piss him off. Both Zayn and Josh tried to calm their seething friend considering his anger wouldn't take him to nowhere.

“Don’t mind those assholes Ni, not worth our time.” Josh claimed while lightly patting on his Irish friend’s back. Niall just shrugged it off, he was hoping that this wouldn’t affect his whole day.

“But if the banters won’t stop, we’ll teach them a lesson yeah Nialler?” Zayn suddenly cheers from behind, draping his arms around both Josh and Niall’s shoulders. The bleach-blonde lad was fast to emit a giggle to Zayn’s cheeky assertion. “You bet we will!” Niall jeered causing Josh to shake his head disapprovingly to his friends’ determination.

“Why am I even friends with you two?”

“Because we’re sexy and you know it.” Niall wiggled his eyebrows playfully before bursting into laughter, being once again the hysteric lad he usually was. Zayn couldn’t help but to reciprocate his actions for the Irish lad's laugh was always transmittable, and so their annoying chortling filled the halls. “Well said Niall! Well said.” He nodded his head favorably, proud of what Niall had to admit.

It didn’t take that long before the three of them finished showering. Niall already scampered off to his next class leaving Josh and Zayn behind. Josh on the other hand had an errand to run concerning their music club.

And there was Zayn, left alone in the shower room while he continued to dress himself with his uniform. Instead of putting the proper blazer on, he chose to wear his varsity jacket as it looked much better on him. Besides, he still goes by his bad boy reputation.

He departed the place straightaway after agreeing to himself that he was fresh and clean. Zayn walked by the long corridors, the jam-packed hallway would always clear out in an instant upon his appearance as the lower years would swept away to the side giving the king his way.

If he had to be honest, Zayn loved this kind of treatment. And he was hoping Harry could’ve at least experience this kind of authority. The lad deserved being treated well like, valued for his kindness and most of all Harry should be loved.

He’s better than being mistreated.

Harry. He wanted to see Harry. How did he do on his class? Did he at least socialize with his classmates? Were they nice to him? He doubt. But Zayn really wanted to know how his curly friend was doing? He’d become too aware of him.

Upon passing through the school’s corridor window, he purposely glanced over to see the scenic view outside. It was nothing new, same old school fountain, the wide sandy field found at the side, thick barred bronze gate, shaped shrubberies and bulky trees everywhere... and a mop of curly brown hair.

“Harry?”

Zayn immediately halted. He went closer to the window to have a better view of his curls sprawled messily on his head. He sat under the shades, his arms wrapped around his legs having his head buried on his knees. Zayn could see how his shoulders would tremble every now and then.