Chapter fourteen

Niall stared drearily at the person across him. His arm rested on the wooden table while his other hand supported his sullen face, flicking his teeth against other teeth making an awful and revolting sound. Niall would occasionally roll his eyes as soon as Liam began snickering upon receiving yet another fucking text message, having him tap a reply instantly as he continued to ignore Niall.

“Am I some kind of an air to you?” he wasn’t able to contain himself any longer. Niall and Liam had been at the school diner waiting for their other mates’ arrival for the past ten minutes. But instead of having an amusing conversation to kill time like what they used to do, Liam chose to have his moment with another person through texting. Way to aggravate the Irish lad as he tapped his fingers on the table, rhythmically.

“What? Sorry what was it?” Liam finally, after gluing his eyes on his phone’s screen, lifted his face to look at Niall, still having that amused look plastered on his face. His countenance's the complete opposite of how Niall sustained his frown.

“You’re a fucking git you know that?” he claimed through gritted teeth, sporting the grouchiest frown he could ever construct on his fuming face. Niall was expecting for an earnest apology seeing as Liam kind of hurt his feelings for denying his presence whilst he chose to flirt, as to what Niall could see it, with this mysterious person who took the once attentive Liam away. But of course he wouldn’t show Liam how much it affected him. Niall still had his towering pride, waiting for the other lad to commence... but was only frowned upon.

“What the bloody hell’s your problem?” Liam tried to maintain the normality of his voice, he didn’t want to attract any kind of attention but the next following occurrence rather blew his intention of keeping their little argument unnoticed.

“YOU’RE MY FUCKING PROBLEM!” Niall hollered before throwing his three-inch thick English book at Liam, hard enough to hurt him. Good thing he was fast on covering his face with his arms, unfortunately the way Niall heaved the book brought pain on both Liam’s arms. Some students caught a glimpse of the commotion Niall instigated as they all held wary looks on both lads, which Liam didn’t bloody wish for to happen. Niall saw how Liam’s phone began to glow once again on his hand. He quickly leaned in and attempted to grab the phone but Liam was fast enough to flung it away from Niall’s reach.

“Who is it Liam?! Who the hell’s this son of a bitch you’ve been wasting your time with?!” Niall spatted angrily.

“What is it with you Niall?!” Liam spatted back, the same venomous tone Niall had hollered on him. “And I’m not wasting my time you git! This person’s a better company than you are!!” he exclaimed but right after the words left his mouth, he somewhat felt something wrong about it. Niall was always a great company, but his vexation towards the prying lad got the better of him.

“WHAT?! How dare you fucking say that to me? What’s wrong with you Liam? You’ve been acting so weird lately and not to mention I can’t seem to catch up on you! I don’t know what’s happening but you better tell me what you're up to!” Niall demanded, his voice booming within the diner. Good thing most of the students already went to their respective classes, though there were still a handful of them loitering around but the Irish lad wouldn't give a flying fuck whether they watch their argument like how they enjoy watching a fight when a bully makes fun of his victim. Liam on the other hand didn’t care much any longer, Niall was being unreasonable and he hated the fact that he was being too nosy over his private matter.