Chapter eleven

Wednesday night, two days prior the day Zayn had asked Harry to quit his step-brother’s quirky business. Of course the older lad hasn’t had a single clue about Louis’ wicked plans for his brother. Zayn had only thought this is what Harry wanted for a job, which was completely idiotic if you asked him.

Harry stayed late for the night, he haven’t eaten dinner nor drank any water to cool and smoothen his rough throat. He was too busy coming up with his speech than taking care of his fidgeting body which badly needed a lot of provision intake. Harry was hella skinny. The fit and athletic body he once had when he was happily living his fifteen year old life was no longer there. Instead, he grew skinnier and skinnier with each passing day right after his dad and step mum died where he, by all means, blamed himself.

“Hey bud! It’s not even the weekends so why are you staying late here?” Max Collins polished the marbled counter making sure it was spotless. He was kind of worried of what Harry had planned to do or what simply runs in his mind. Don’t tell me weekends are not enough for him? Damn, it wouldn’t even take me two days to survive a pithole full of hungry and desperate men. Max thought Harry was being silly if ever his theory was accurate.

“I need to see Louis.” Harry muttered, his tone was utterly different from before. Max felt the confidence and determination Harry’s voice portrayed. It wasn’t like the usual weak and fragile lad he would always talk to every after the lecherous sessions.

“What for? Gonna ask for more shifts?” Max joked but he mentally slapped himself after the unnecessary words left his mouth.

“No... Max, I’m gonna quit. I’ll tell Louis I’ve had enough, I’m all worn out and I can’t do this anymore.” Harry claimed before chugging the last drop of his beer. Max had forced him not to drink too much considering he was still a minor and he knew for a fact that Harry could never handle his liquors.

But what surprised Max the most was Harry’s eagerness of abandoning his job. He had already imagined what his curly friend might undergo once Louis learns about this. Hopefully it wouldn’t turn out like the way he thought it would be because if you ask him, he was very much afraid of what Louis might do once his step-brother quit being his money tree. But Max wanted to motivate Harry with his intention, he didn’t want his friend to suffer anymore, the pain and torment he undergoes every session wasn’t worthy of him.

“Louis wouldn’t be too happy about that though.” he mumbled. “But you can try Harry. I believe he can find some replacement as sexy as you.” his bartender friend winked knowingly, causing a weak but sweet enough smile to form on Harry’s face.

“I hope so Max. I hope so...”

Half an hour had passed before he saw Louis. Harry didn’t waste any time on approaching him, he was too eager to tell his brother how much he wanted to quit for such a long time. But the lad just couldn’t, considering his conscience wouldn’t let him. This was Harry's only way to be forgiven by Louis who asserted all the blames on him.

“Louis!” he tried his best to call his name loud enough for the older lad to hear. Within a second, Louis spun around to meet with Harry’s serious gaze. He cocked a single eyebrow, stupefied of his brother’s sudden appearance at his pub.