Chapter twenty six

His features tightened as his eyebrows dropped lower to shade his glare. Lips pursed into a thin line as the look of resentment never left his countenance. God knows what he'll do, really, but the thought of slaying these people was calculatedly kept into consideration. He dragged his palm over his face, hissing as it dropped back on his side.

"You raped the kid?" he repeated, slow and unamused.

"Yes, boss. It was originally Hank's idea to teach the kid a lesson or two. But we've got everything undercover, so you could say the task was done fairly smooth." Robert responded with a tone of condescension, as if a phantom tail had horridly grown on his back, wagging jubilantly over their supposed success.

"Smooth you say? Well, did you kill him?" he couldn't help but groan, masking it soon by clearing his throat. The more that smug look lingered on his underling's face, all the more Louis wanted to put his consideration into action. His hands gripped tightly onto the arms of the swivel chair, his knuckles already turning white as the force applied was too much to keep the natural tan. He took his time to eye on the two individually. Louis' gaze skimming first on Robert, who kept the proud grin on his face. Unbeknownst to his boss' genuine outlook.

And then there was Hank, who remained silent, all the while keeping his eyes focused on his seething boss. Clearly, he could decode the unspoken anger in Louis' eyes. Hank had worked for him for almost a handful of years, seemingly enough for the man to distinguish that his boss was repressing his displeasure. He knew Louis was a very temperamental person, the young businessman tend to change from one mood to another very quickly, so he opted on keeping his mouth shut whilst he observed the exchange between his colleague and boss pertaining to their recent accomplishment. Or so that was what Robert firmly believed.

"I think we didn't. The stab wasn't that deep, just so he'd let go of Bart's dick. Pocket knives do come quite in handy." Robert nodded at his own assessment, his tone full of complacency that had Louis' eyes spark and blaze with wrath. If looks could kill.

"Very well. That's about it. You're dismissed." Louis points a finger at Robert who shook his head once before retracting his hand to fold both his arms against his chest. "A few words with you Hank."

The clicking sound denoted Robert's departure. Louis made himself comfortable back on his chair, leaning a bit forward to rest both his arms on the table. Hank silently stood on his feet, he knew what was coming and he needn't to ask Louis why he was asked to stay.

"I asked you to scare the kid, beat the living daylights out of him." Louis growled lowly as he kneaded his temples with the pad of his forefinger and thumb. "BUT I FUCKING DIDN'T ASK YOU TO RAPE HIM!"

The older man trembled with fear. Hearing his boss shout could be classified as one of the most terrifying things. Everyone was used to Louis' calm dander that even his people thought his silence alone was the most terrifying thing in the world.

But him shouting was a lot worse than Hank thought.

"I'm sorry boss, I'm so sorry we didn't know we weren't allowed to-"

"Shut up! What's done is done. I can't believe you instigated something stupid, now look at what you made those pigs do. I hope you enjoyed corrupting the kid because this shit is not my conscience. You and your men are responsible for the crime you did." Louis leaned back to rest his tensed shoulders on the backrest of his chair. He didn't give Hank the chance to state his defense as Louis began to shoo him off with his vicious glare.

"It wouldn't matter if it was Harry. You pigs." He whispered to himself as soon as Hank left his office.

x