Chapter fifteen

The promenade towards the teacher’s lounge wasn’t suppose to take someone that long to get there. But when you are accompanied with a great friend while walking, then surely time would slow down. For Harry, he doesn't really care if it would take them forever till they reach the place. He’s having a lot of fun conversing complete nonsense with Zayn so he really didn't bother with their slow pace.

Upon reaching the lounge, Zayn was asked to stack the papers on Mr. Eisenhauer’s table. He abruptly made his way to his history teacher’s desk, passing through the veterans who somehow gave him a cautious look. They knew Zayn by his reputation and some of them were dreadfully against his tenacity. Zayn knew he was being stared at but he chose to ignore the cynical scrutiny they were holding. Stare all you want, you can’t kick me out you old fuckers. He smirked knowing his academics were quite on top so there was actually no valid reason for them to kick him out of Belle Vue just because of his wayward behavior.

“Malik, kindly hurry up because we’re going to hold a meeting in a minute.” the drama teacher lightly directed Zayn making the lad get on with his skates. Harry on the other hand opted to stay outside the lounge seeing to it that it wouldn’t make sense if he came along, he'll just add up to the teachers' disturbance.

Zayn had piled the papers flat on Mr. Eisenhauer’s desk and as soon as he was able to accomplish the meager task, he turned the balls of his heels and began sauntering out, passing yet again on some teachers until he came across Mr. Peterson’s desk... and stopped. Zayn hated him with all his might. The sick, judgmental and terrible teacher he’d known since the beginning of sixth form had terribly been a part of his journey, but that wasn’t really the case. He wouldn’t give a flying fuck wasting his time to stopover the fat man’s desk and rumble all his materials. Zayn wouldn’t risk such deed, he wasn’t stupid to execute the impish act though deep inside he badly wanted to.

But the real reason why he halted to observe on Peterson’s desk was because his brown observant eyes took noticed of a piece of paper with a smooth handwriting, one that he recognized as Harry’s. It was an essay about his previous lecture on Peterson's class.

“Why?” the single word left his mouth. Why? He repeated the question but this time he took it all in his head.

“Malik? Can you leave now?” the drama teacher spoke once again, breaking Zayn from his notion. The raven haired bloke quickly sent Mrs. Williams an apologetic look before plodding his way out of the place. Harry’s essay was still lingering on the back of his head, but he wasn’t actually thinking about the essay’s content... but on how Harry wrote his name on the paper that Zayn even had to take a double look just to make sure his eyes weren’t deceiving him. But it was clearly written and there was no mistaking it.

Harold Tomlinson.

“Hey! You sure did take your time... Z-Zee.” Harry felt the sudden heat creeping its way on his face. He wasn’t really used addressing Zayn by his nickname but he thought if he’d at least try calling him Zee for once, he might actually like it. Though the words aren’t coming naturally from his mouth unlike Niall who’d always screech his one-syllable nickname without difficulty. Harry thought Zayn’s name was already short enough to have a nickname, but even so he still wanted to call him Zee to prove their good friendship.

“Can I ask you something?” but turns out Zayn failed to notice Harry's attempt of calling him differently.