TBNGBWALSP...Chapter Two

That Butt Naked Godly Being With A Lovely Six Pack.

Chapter Two

The next morning, when my eyes finally fluttered open, it was the wolf's blue eyes that were burned into the back of my mind.

I had spent the majority of the night dreaming of that wolf. There was just something about it, that made it appear different that other wild wolves I had seen before in my life, and the way it just sat there staring up at me, left me curious about it's abnormal behavior.

Finally rolling out from underneath the warmth of my blanket, I stretched my hands over my head, making a weird noise as I stretched up onto my tip toes.  A moment later, I found myself stumbling down the steps, gripping onto the hand rail to catch myself if I accidentally tripped, like I have found myself doing on occasion.

When I wandered into the kitchen, I greeted my dad with a small wave and smile, "Morning sleeping monster," My dad smiled, his gaze remaining on the newspaper before him, as he brought his cup of straight black coffee to his lips.

"Dadddd..." I sighed, leaning on the counter beside where he was seated, "Any normal person would greet someone in the morning by saying sleeping beauty, not sleeping monster," I grumbled, holding my hand over my heart like he had wounded me, as a yawn found a way to slip past my lips.

My dad slowly looked away from the article he was currently devouring, and tilted his reading glasses down in order to meet my green eyes with his oddly colored ones. "Oh hon, but I couldn't possibly greet you with that cliche greeting." My dad smiled before quickly adding, "Plus, I couldn't call you a beauty in the morning with that hair and everything," He told me, his hands reaching out to grab a piece of my hair, before dropping it quickly, and shuddering.

"Rude!" I screamed, taking a step away from him quickly, ripping his precious newspaper just out of his grasp.  

Eagerly trying to grasp it out of my hands, and reclaim it in his own, my dad tried and failed, as I quickly kept it an arms length from his grasp. "Say you're sorry!" I shouted, moving to the other side of the kitchen, grasping onto the sides of the paper, an evil glint in my eyes, threatening to tear it down the middle.

My dad was a columnist in the local newspaper, and every morning, it was the same routine... coffee, check to see if article is the same from the last time he looked at it, coffee, get ready to work on next weeks articles, coffee...

I'm pretty sure he's kept every newspaper he's ever written in, and that is why me holding his newspaper as a foreboding worked so well on him, any other father,  it probably wouldn't work out as smoothly as it usually does for me.

My dad looked at me pleadingly, his eyes hinting at the how badly he wanted his newspaper back unharmed, "Come on Corey, you know I was just kidding," He spoke softly,  flinching as I tore a small slit in the top of my paper.

"I don't care if you were kidding," I told him honestly, "That hurt my feelings." I pointed out, "And right here," I exclaimed loudly, my finger pointing at my heart. "Gosh, I didn't know people started  attacking people so early," I mumbled with a sigh, pretending to wipe away a nonexistent tear from my cheek.

Looking at my dad, I could tell he was struggling to hold back the smile that threatened to form on his lips at any moment, "I am so sorry Corey, it was rude of me to say what I said, could you please not rip my paper?" My dad spoke, his voice leaning towards a beg.

A smile slipped onto my face as I walked over to my dad, and placed the paper in his waiting hands, "You better watch yourself old man," I threatened walking over to the coffee pot sitting on the counter.

"Old man? What?" My dad practically shrieked, "I am not old!" He declared quickly, slamming his fist onto the counter before himself.

Laughter slipping through my lips slightly before I contained it. A smile quickly found it's way to my lips, and remained plastered to my face as I poured myself a cup of coffee, "You aren't that young either pops..." I told him in a sing song voice.

My dad sighed, indicating his admission to defeat, "I guess not..." He spoke softly after a long moment of silence.

I smiled as I finished mixing in sugar and milk into my coffee, and once it  no longer tasted like coffee, I slowly lifted the cup to my lips, and took a quick sip.  

Staring around the small kitchen, I noticed how it was abnormally clean, the dark wooden cabinets around three of the kitchen walls were shinning brightly as if freshly cleaned, and the black granite counter tops were unusually clean of the usual clutter. Surprising me even more, I quickly noticed that each pot and pan, was hanging neatly over the stove that was in the middle of the island counter top,  and the sink was empty of dirty dishes.

After my eyes skimmed through the clean kitchen once, I turned to my dad, my expression most likely hinting at how confused I was at the recent cleaning of our kitchen, "When did you do this?" I wondered.

My dad looked up to meet my gaze, and a guilty smile played at the edges of his lips, "Last night..." He spoke softly.

I stared at my dad, and for the first time since being down stairs, I noticed the dark circles underneath his eyes, and how he continuously yawned every so often, "Did you not sleep last night?" I catechized him, a single eye brow raised as I waited for his answer.

"I feel like our roles got reversed here... shouldn't I be the one questioning you on your amount of sleep received last night, and not the other way around?" My dad quickly asked, and I sensed he was trying to drop the subject at hand.

Giving him another glare, I put my right hand on my hip, as I used my left hand to bring my coffee cup up to my lips once more, "Come on, how much sleep dad?" I asked him, not falling for his topic changing question.

My dad sighed at the realization that he couldn't deviate my thoughts away from his amount of sleep, "None." He finally answered flatly.

"Why the hell not?" I shouted, noticing how my dad's eye brows rose at my word choice, "Excuse my earlier vocabulary usage, but seriously dad, why didn't you sleep last night?" I questioned.

Sighing once more, my dad placed his newspaper softly to his right side, and turned to look at me, removing his reading glasses in the process. "Those fuc-" He paused quickly taking a deep breath, and changing his words, "Those damn wolves were howling all night. They are all lucky too, that I didn't grab my shot gun, and go hunt those damn things down." My dad explained his voice spitting with anger.

I stared at my dad for a moment, words not forming, "I didn't hear anything..." I spoke softly.

"I'm glad too, they were damn annoying," My dad spoke, his words slicing through the air.

I sighed softly, "I'm sorry they kept you up all night, why don't you go lay down..." I suggested, "I'll make you some breakfast," I spoke with a smile.

A smile touched my dad's lips, "You sure Corey?"

"Absolutely," I responded almost instantly, "You need some sleep, if you want your fans to be happy with what you write for them, you can't be sleepy." I smiled walking over to my dad and practically pushing him up out of his chair, and in the general direction of his bedroom, "Off you go!" I demanded quickly.

As I heard my dad's footsteps trudge up the stairs, stopping suddenly, I assumed he climbed into bed, and I proceeded with breakfast making. With a small smile spread across my lips, I hummed softly as I quickly made pancakes, and eggs for both me and my dad.

After finished breakfast with my dad, I laid around with him until he passed out from exhaustion, before I took our plates, and quietly left him to sleep.

Once my breakfast mess was clean, the familiar song, 'Dance Without You' by Skylar Grey rang through my ears. Grabbing my phone I quickly pressed talk, and shoved it to my ears, "Hello?"

"Hey beeotch!" A voice I instantly recognized as Mel came screaming into my ear.

Pulling the phone slightly away from my ear, I laughed lightly, and made my way into the living room. "What drugs are you on this morning?" I asked just as I jumped onto the couch.

Mel's laughter rang through my ears, "Everything my love, EVERYTHING!" She screamed, "Nah, I lied, I'm not on anything, anything but love," Her voice broke slightly, as if she was close to fainting at just the thought.

Opening my mouth in surprise, I instantly started jumping up and down in my spot on the couch, "Oh goodness, you have to tell me EVERYTHING!" I shouted, quickly lowering my voice trying to keep my screams from waking my poor sleep deprived father.

"Oh, I will, trust me, but not over the phone, you never know who may be listening," Mel told me her voice lowering to a whisper at the end.

Breaking out laughing, I couldn't help the smile the spread across my face, "Like who would give a damn about our conversation Mel? The CIA?" I teased her.

"Or WORSE!" She suddenly screamed in my ear, "My mom," Her voice once again a whisper.

Laughing lightly, I continued to smile. Mel's mom was always the nosey one, she always had to know everything, and if she doesn't,  she finds a way to figure it out, and oddly enough, tracking Mel's phone wouldn't surprise me if she did it. "Alright, meet me at Little Bee's in say thirty?" I suggested.

I heard clapping, an indication that Mel was delighted with my meeting place suggestion, "I will so be there," She told me, and I could tell that there was a smile spread across her face.

"Alright, see ya then," I told her, and without waiting for a response, I pulled the phone away from my ear, and pressed 'end'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Little Note From The Author:

Wow, so many people commented on the first chapter, I just had to work extra hard to get the next chapter up.

I understand, not much really happens in this chapter, but I promise you, it will get more interesting as it progresses. REMEMBER this is only the second chapter, and I don't want to make the story move to quickly.

Lastly, PLEASE let me know what you think because with so many other stories I have to work on, I only tend to work on the ones that I am getting a a response from, so if you want me to continue to work on this, and update pretty regularly...

please VOTE,

 and COMMENT

on this chapter....

oh and maybe FAN me too;)

THANKS!!

~J

ps. Sorry it's not edited, its only skimmed through...

-------------------------------

Copyrighted Material

All Rights Reserved

-------------------------------