Chapter 1

Roxy's pov:

"This party is gonna be so awesome!" Hailey yelled happily.

I put on a small smile. "Yeah,probably." I said.

It felt so awkward talking to Hailey in person. It has been three years since I last saw her.

I took a glance at her,she kept her on eyes on the road. "Rox if you wanna talk let's talk." She says while pulling over.

She pulled a strand of her dark brown hair out of her face. I sighed. "Things are different now." I said.

She tapped the steering wheel. "I agree...but what does that have to do with us?" She questioned.

I rubbed my arms. "I feel like we aren't as close as we used to be." I reply.

She blinked and started driving again. "We should get there in about fifteen more minutes." She said obviously ignoring my comment.

I'm not giving up just yet Hailey."Were you mad at me for leaving Arizona?" I asked.

She took a deep breath. "I was honestly pissed that you left,but you had too." She says pulling into a driveway.

Wow, this place is huge, but Cayla does have rich parents. We stepped out of her car and Hailey came around towards me.

She stood in front of me. "The past is in the past, all that matters is that my bestfriend came back." She says smiling.

We walk until we are inside the mansion, and this is why I am not a party person. There were people doing everything here.

Me and Hailey walked over to the drink table and I picked up a soda.

Hailey grabbed a cup of beer,oh no. She was actually drinking that crap and drunk the whole thing.

Her hand was going for another, but I stopped her. "Hailey, don't drink that stuff." I told her.

She grabbed a soda. "You are still the same óle innocent Roxy Luner." She tells me.

I looked around, everybody from school was here. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. "Hailey I will b-".

She was dancing with some guy. I went outside and answered my phone.

Roxy:Hey dad.
George:Hey pumpkin, so how is the party?
Roxy:It's okay so far.
George:It will get better, so how are you and Hailey doing?
Roxy:Different, but I am trying.
George:Keep doing that. I better get back to work before I get fired, love you pumpkin.
Roxy:Love you too.

I put my phone back in my pocket. "Roxy..is that you?" I hear someone say behind me.

I turn around, I gasped at who I saw..Carter.

He looked so different, he got taller, his hair is more shaggy, and it looks like he has been working out.

We just stared at eachother, he ran a hand through his blonde hair. "Jesus..you have changed so much." He says surprisingly.
I shrugged. "Umm..thank you Carter." I whisper.

It felt so weird talking to him, I guess cause he was my old crush. "How was Ohio?" He asked.

"It was a pretty nice area." I reply.

He smiles and nods. "That is good to hear Roxy...Can I talk to you somewhere a bit more private?" He asks.

What could he want to talk about in private? "Umm..sure we can." I say nervously.

He grabbed me by the hand and led me back in the mansion. The speakers were blasting all types of music.

He kept leading me through the mansion until we made it to a balcony.

I walked up to the railing, the view of the night sky was beautiful up here.

Carter came up beside me. "It's the second most beautiful thing I've seen tonight." He said.

I wonder what was the first thing? I turned towards him. He did the same. "You want to know the first thing Roxy." He says coming closer to me.

I just froze. Carter wrapped his arms around me,he leaned his head down towards mine. Our faces only inches apart. "Your the first thing Roxy." He said softly.

He lips were so close to mine, he was about to kiss me, until we heard screams.

We pulled apart. "What the hell was that!?" He says.

When we went back inside, there was blood everywhere. I felt Carter grab my hand. "We have to get out of here and tell the police!" He says quickly.

We started running through the mansion, blood and bodies everywhere.

Hailey..we had to find her. "C..Carter we ha..have to fi..find Hailey." I say tirelessly.

He stops and I look in front of me..Oh My God. There were men eating out of the necks of my classmates.

Blood was still gushing out of their necks. This can't be happening, it just can't be.

Carter was pulling me back into a closet, luckily they didn't hear us.

A woman came in..and she was dragging Hailey by her hair.

The men stood up, blood dripping down their mouth. I looked at all of them, their eyes dark, and their teeth sharp.

I heard the woman talking to the men, they shook their heads. Please don't hurt Hailey, don't hurt my bestfriend.

They all walked out, Carter slightly opened the door. "We gotta get out of here." He tells me.

I stood up. "Not without Hailey." I tell him.

He touched his head. "That is a heck of a lot easier said than done." He sighs.

I walked towards the bodies, seeing them like this made me feel uneasy.

I looked at my outfit, it was covered in blood. My blue shawl, my white dress,my blue leggings, and my white flats, now had red in them.

Carter touched my shoulder. "We should probably try to get Hailey back." He says.

I nodded my head. Carter grabbed me and we slowly walked out of the mansion.

We were almost to the road, until two dudes jumped out of nowhere, and popped up in front of us.

Carter put me behind him, I realized it was two of our classmates.

They had blood coming out of their necks. They took a few more steps, until they fell to the ground, motionless.

Carter went over towards the bodies. "This is a really effed up night." He says.

I was about to walk over towards him, until I felt something pinch my neck. I fell on the ground, I started to feel sleepy and everything was turning dark.

I tried to fight it, but it wasn't working at all. As I was falling asleep I heard someone call out my name.