Like Children Crying When All They Knew Were Dying

Alex's POV

You know that feeling of waking up? Just right before you open your eyes and long before you gain strength to move your body? That feeling was what I was experiencing now, yet, I wasn't able to either open my eyes or move my body, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't. It felt like my mind had been sleeping for weeks and as I finally was able to feel my body, I found a sharp pain trough most of it.

That's when I remembered what happened, I was in a car crash... What about my baby? I remember a pain trough my stomach first... My baby couldn't be hurt, I was supposed to protect it, not hurt it or let it get hurt.

My thought were cut off and changed instantly as a weird feeling appeared somewhere, I couldn't localize it, but I could feel it, a warm feeling shooting trough the right side of me, starting in my... Hand?

I ten realized that someone must've grabbed my hand and entangled out fingers.

"I miss you, Princess." It was barely a whisper but I heard it loud and clearly, cutting trough the silence I was surrounded by; a deep angelic voice that I could recognize miles away.

I wanted to respond to him so badly, but I couldn't, I couldn't do anything but stay quiet in whatever place I might've been and listen to his voice, he sounded so worn out and hopeless.

"Everyone miss you babe, I don't know if you've noticed or heard or whatever, I don't even think you can hear me now, but everyone visit at least once a week. Your band is of cause visiting every day more or less and I've been here whenever I had the slightest possibility to be here..." His voice died out and I felt empty again, I hadn't realised this while he was talking from somewhere that it felt me with a warm feeling.

I wonder where this 'here' is, maybe I'm dead? Maybe I'm buried and Andy is talking to my grave? But the beeping sound in the background, it doesn't seem normal if I was dead.

"Please survive... Please? The fans are worried like fuck, your band is worried like fuck, my parents, my band, your own parents and of cause I, we want you back." I felt him squeezing my hand and I wanted to squeeze back but I couldn't.

"Your parents visit in two weeks, they hope that you're awake when they get here, your mom keeps calling me every night to get the news and I don't mind at all, she's so much like you, Lex, and it’s actually nice...." He just kept on rambling and I listened to every word, taking in what he said. This was so unlike him, Andy never rambled like that, but now he did for some reason.

I just wanted to hug him, and to feel safe in his arms.

"I have to leave babe, visiting hour is over soon." He sighed and I heard the sound of him getting up from the chair he'd been sitting in before. I realised that he was about to let go of my hand, take away the small feeling I actually had.

I needed him to stay, he couldn't let go of me. I needed him to stay but I didn't know what to do to make him stay...

Within seconds, I started to fight an inner battle against the numbness, I needed to show Andy that I wanted him to stay, but I didn't know how to do so.

I felt his hand slowly leaving my hand and without thinking about how I did it, I managed to move my hand, not much but enough for Andy to notice because he grabbed my hand tight.

"Lex? Oh god, baby, can you hear me? Please wake up..." His words were like magic and I was caught in the spell that made my eyes flutter open slowly.

I couldn't see anything first except for white spots of light everywhere until I slowly managed to see a darker shadow of a person leaning in over me.