Chapter 25

I sighed impatiently. I don't know how people did it. I mean the only thing keeping me sane was knowing I was going to get a tan and that Hayden was right beside me.

"Patience babe," I could feel Hayden's voice vibrate throughout his body against mine as we sat back to back in a little boat.

"But I just want to catch a fish already. How many have you caught now? Like three? I haven't even been nibbled." I whined, and then realized what I just said.

"Well that could be arranged." Hayden said with a smirk. I laughed and covered my mouth.

"That was not what I meant and you know it."

"Do I? Are you sure?" He chuckled and I clucked my tongue at him and shook my head.

 Fishing was definitely not my thing. But that was okay, I was going to sit here until Hayden said so. He made all these plans and I was not about to ruin them.

So I was going to sit here...... and stay quiet... and just keep swimming.

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, what do we do? We keep on swimming." I sang under my breath. I'm pretty sure this went on for at least twenty minutes, maybe it was only five. I felt this tiny movement in my hands. "Hayden." I said excitedly.

"Do you think you have something?" He asked, swinging his body around to help me. I nodded excitedly. "Okay I'm going to talk you through what you need to do." He began to tell me how to use the fancy fishing pole in my hands. Finally I got reeling and the line stopped. I looked at Hayden confused. "Yank gently."

I yanked once… twice. And the third time I went to yank harder, I pulled back and there was nothing I was pulling against and my weight was off balance. I threw my arms back and fell backwards into Hayden. The boat rocked sideways and my body flailed to try and keep balance. Unfortunately I was not much help.

"Ahhhh!" Hayden and I fell into the water as the boat tipped.

Water engulfed my body and I sank for a moment. I propelled myself up and broke through the surface. I turned but didn't see Hayden. I turned again and spotted him coming up. I swam over to him.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to, I just kinda lost it. Are you okay?" I asked grabbing onto his shoulders and wiping the hair out of my face. He laughed and grabbed my waist. Although I don't know how he was able to keep us both a float without me doing much of anything. It was those baseball muscles.

"I'm fine. Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Good. Help me flip the boat back over so we can go return it and continue our adventure."

We got back and apologized for losing the fishing poles. The owners were understanding and didn't charge us. We were walking back up to the truck wrapped up in towels.

"So, you're not mad?" I asked. I felt bad, I pretty much ruined everything. He looked back at me when I fell a few steps behind and stopped. He turned.

"Why would I be mad? Because we had a little mishap? I happened to enjoy myself. This is supposed to be a nice fun trip okay? Don't feel bad. Come here." I stopped looking at my feet and walked into his arms. He rubbed my back warming me up. "Let's go. We're on a timed schedule now." I looked up at him.

"You? On a schedule? What is this? Where is my boyfriend?" He chuckled and gave me a kiss. It was small and not at all satisfying.

"Taking tips from his girlfriend because without her he'd be a mess." He said that and I could only imagine how I'd be without him by my side. He walked me to the other side of the truck and opened the door for me.