chapter two

I sat in my seat carefully running my hands over my butt to make sure I sat on my dress. I pulled out my bagel and juice that I bought from the cafiteria. My posse filed into the classroom.

"Morning love." Nuna smiled at me as she sat down with KayLynn and started to huff about about her night. Nuna and I, well we both agreed that we were kindered spirits. There was just something about her. I loved the way she talked, with both her hands, mouth, and eyes. It was dramamtized, but in a good way. Not the bitchy way, more in a, I'll be anybody's friend. The only way anybody could describe her was from the movie Dirty Dancing. She was Babe but with shorter curly hair that was normally worn in a bump, and she had braces. Freckles were splattered beneath her sky blue eyes.

I nodded as she finished her story. KayLynn sipped her usual Snickers coffee and responded to Nuna's current dilema. This is the only class I had with KayLynn. Mostly because she was a senior and I a junior. We had had this class together since my freshman year. The newspaper.

She was in charge of the editorials, which were mostly written by herself and Nuna. Mostly because nobody else bothered. I however was in charge of horoscopes. Yes, I controlled everyone's fate, at least in the school. I smiled to myself.

KayLynn and Nuna had finished their conversation. KayLynn's hair was down today, a rare moment. I loved how the dark red in her hair brought out her soft features.

"You've been kind of quiet Alaina, are you okay?" KayLynn had a knack for knowing people's feelings. I put down the pencil I was using to write Taurus' horoscope.

"Yeah, just concentrating is all." I gave her a reassured smile.

"You dreamt about him again. Didn't you?" Of course Nuna would know. She knew everything about him and my dreams. She was certain that the universe wanted us together. Just that the universe was sending out signals at the wrong time. I covered my face with my hands trying to hide my blushing cheeks.

"Who? Mister?" KayLynn asked.

We had given him a secret code name because it was embarrassing to talk about in public. I mean those girls who just blabbed about a boy out loud, they're just desperately hoping he'd hear or they don't really like him enough to get those feelings when talking about him.

"Yeah," I sighed, "This time we were running. I think someone was chasing us and he was protecting me." Nuna only smiled.

"Tell us more." She said, leaning in and resting her chin in her hand. The song Tell Me More from Grease popped in my head. Great now I'd be singing that all day.

"Well, there wasn't too much going on. We found somewhere to hide and he kept rubbing his hands up and down my arms to keep me warm," I closed my eyes and continued slowly, "Then he leaned in and looked at me, like not seeing me but looking for something within my eyes. Seriously, I could taste his breath. It was warm, and tasted like something sweet. Then gently he put his lips on mine." I stopped, opened my eyes, and saw them with their eyes closed and small smiles.  Nuna snapped her eyes open.

"Then? Come on don't leave us hanging!" She whined.

"I'm not trying to. That's it, he left me hanging." I frowned. I hated it, hated not actually getting to taste him. I've kissed boys before, but just dreaming of the kiss with him. I knew it would be the best kiss ever.

"Well at least you get a pre-view. My dreams are never so intense." KayLynn said finishing the last of her coffee.

"I just hate it though. It's been months When is he ever going to notice?" I whined. Not everybody gets to know this feeling. And mine are just in my head.