Chapter three

For the rest of the class period we talked about the most random things. We talked about tattoos, superheroes, and Obama. Our group could talk about anything.

All the while though, Hayden's hands kept playing at the edge of his desk and mine. Where there's a small gap. I sat their biting my lip, fighting the urge to slide my hand into his. If our hands fit, then that's how I would know my dreams weren't just a bunch of bull.

Nuna and I handed Hayden our notebooks to put away a few minutes before the bell rang. I stood up fixing my dress and leaned against the desk crossing my ankles. Hayden came back and gazed over my legs. I smirked and raised my eyebrows at him. He just played cool.

"Do you have a game today?" Hayden asked looking at my face. I knew he was trying to distract himself form staring at the fair amount of skin I was showing. Before I could open my mouth Nuna was already talking.

"Yeah she does," Nuna started excitedly, "They beat them at home and now they're gonna kick some ass on their court." Nuna smiled pleased with herslef. She was proud of the team even though she didn't do any sports.

"Nice," he nodded his head and smiled genuinely , "So where's the game at?"

"Uh, I'm not sure actually. I lost my schedule." I shrugged my shoulders. The one day that the boy of my dreams is showing interest and I lost my damn schedule.

"Oh, that's too bad. I was planning to come watch you guys tonight if you wren't too far away." He shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Oh," I was kind of surprised. I smiled though, Hayden was definitly showing some interest. "Well maybe I can text you when I find out."

"Sure, that would be cool." The bell rang and everybody shuffled through the door. "See ya later." He waved.

"Bye ladies." Ryan said following Hayden in suite.

"Bye!" Nuna and I said in unison.

"Oh My God!" Nuna pumped her fist in the air and was preparing to do a little jump of glee. "Do you realize what just happened?" We walked fightinng against students to walk on the right side of the hallway.

"Uhh, Hayden wanted to come to my game?" A small smile crept across my face as I tried to play dumb. I was a terrrible actress, but I got the reaction I was aiming for.

"Your game! He wants to go! Jeez, are you really that blind." She asked rolling her eyes not really questioning me.

"Blind enough to notice him noticing me." She stopped abruptly in the middle of the hall.

"Hey!" Someone yelled.

"Watch where you're goin'!" Another said irritably. Nuna continued walking with a grin on her face.

"You do realize what's happeneing right?" We made our way to the math classrooms. Stopping just before we entered different classes. She was a math level higher than me. I was always really competitive when it came to school. I was simply the best. But Nuna made it a competiton.

I looked at her as if she was speaking another language. She threw her hands in the air, "The universe is speaking! To both of you!" I laughed.

"Alright. We'll talk about this later." I threw a small wave over my shoulder as I walked into my class. I couldnt stop grinning. First Hayden in my dreams and now Hayden in real life. This was definitly a really good day. I sat down opening my textbook knowing I'd never be able to concentrate now.

                                      ~                                    ~                                            ~

On the bus most of the Varsity girls had fallen asleep. Leaving me to talk to nobody. Freshman and J.V. girls were cool, but my Varsity girls and I have been through high school and other sports together. They as well knew most of the things about Hayden and we all knew pretty much everything about eachother. We were all dreading when the season was going to be over because we were going to miss our senior girls.

I remember when Jess lost her virginity, when Haley's parents were getting divorced and we all pigged out on ice cream at my place, when Trish had her first kiss, the team was a family of sisters. I always loved that about sports. The feeling of being welcomed. Yeah, we had the occasional girl talk behind another girl's back. But I never did, so I knew nobody talked about me. Plus I was the team mom and co captain. Encouraging everbody, baking goodiess, peparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

I looked out the window. There wasn't a lot to look at. Flat fields of grass and a road with solemn cars.  Feeling the heat of the sun I began to close my eyes. It was January and the sun was out spreading a high 58 degrees through western Oregon. Oregon, the only place where we can have a snow storm one night, wake up to crazy rain and wind, and have everything dry and warm by the end of the day.

Drifting off an image of Hayden formed. His smile showed off his white teeth and his dimples. The freckles below his eyes were adorable. Just a splash, not a lot. I was a total sucker for freckles. I was starting to see the heat rise in his cheeks, showing him insanely blushing. I loved that, freckles and major blush, it was just attractive, and he made it work. He brushed his hand on top of his hair. It was a dark brown and kept short. Not the Justin Bieber look, nope, he kept it short and I liked it. But those eyes, they caught my breath every time. Hazel with flecks of gold, surrounded by immensley dark lashes.

His face wasn't just attractive. He played baseball year round and played Varstiy with the school; since freshman year.His arms wren't ripped nor his legs. But they were well defined. His abbs and chest though, one word. Delicious. They were perfect. I always sneaked glances at his chest hoping I could see his abbs throhg his shirt. But he never showed them off. The only reason I knew he was oh so yummy was because of swim unit sophmore year.

My phone vibrated twice notifying me of a text. I opened my eyes looking around me to see if anybody realized what I was seeing in my mind. I chuckled to myself embarrassed. Checking my phone I saw who it was from. Hayden.

                                               So wheres ur game at?

I could feel my stomach fill with butterflies. I smiled tapping my screen to reply.

                        Newport. Kinda far I know. Staying late. Probly won't be home till like 1am

I sent it knowing it would be a long shot if he came. My butterflies settled. He couldn't come to the game. If he came, a two and a half hour drive, he would watch my 40 minute game and drive the long hours back, alone, and late. It would be silly if he came. He replied and I quickly read the text.

                           :/ yah, it kinda is. long drive. srry, I dont think I can come.

It wasn't a problem. I wouldn't come either.

              No problem I understand, maybe our home game. Anyways, gtg losing service. Bye

I didn't want to text if I knew he wasn't coming.

                                                                   Good luck

I turned off my phone to save the battery and started going over plays in my head. I didn't doubt we would win, they're an okay team, sweet, but not very competitive. I sighed and went back to imagining him. Slowly I slipped into dream state. Taking me away from reality and putting me in la la land.