Chapter four

Every day; wake up from a dream of him, think of him while getting ready, see him at school every day. Needless to say, I felt obsessed. Not like those girls who wrote their first name with their crush's last name all over their binder. Or those who somehow managed to get a picture of their crush and kiss it every night.

Nope, he just took up 70% of my brain capacity. 15% went to school and sports, the other 15% went to family and whatever else was important.

I couldn't control it. It was like a virus. But a virus I enjoyed and hated all at the same time.

Things had started to change. Little by little I began to notice things. Hayden had started to frequently run into me in the halls and strike up a conversation. He ate lunch with a group of friends that were closer to me. Causing me to "nonchalantly" sneak glances at him. I think I was totally obvious.

In English, his hands idled at the edge of his desk. Just hanging in the gap between his and mine. Dangling there, daring me to slide my hand into his. I think he did it purposely, just to see if I liked him. But if I made a move would he reject me and laugh? Or if I didn't make a move would he move on. Ugh, stupid courage stuff.

"What is it?" Hayden asked leaning back in his chair. I looked up at him puzzled.

"What's what?" Nuna had gone to the "bathroom" and Ryan was writing down the ridiculous grammar homework that had bee assigned. An independent quality I admired.

"Oh, well normally when somebody bites their lip it kinda means they're stressed or nervous about something." He raised an eyebrow.

"Well who said I was normal?" It was my trun to raise my eyebrow.

"Right, you're not. You multitask and use old lady words." He smiled teasing me.

"Having a wide vocabulary does not make me an old lady!" I laughed.

"Well either you're stressed about something...or you're trying to be seductive." He bit his lip and whipped his head around trying to be seductive like a girl. I laughed,

"Nice try, you're doing that totally wrong. Plus I didn't even realize I was biting my lip."

"Like you know how to be seductive." He scoffed, "Let's see you do it." I hesitated for a bit. But why not? We were going to laugh about it either way.

I shook my hair and let it fall loosely around my face. Biting the corner of my bottom lip, I did whatever those Victoria's secret models did with their eyes. I moved my head a little then ran my hand through my thick hair. I saw Hayden's jaw clench for a second and smiled somewhat sexily. I saw Ryan's head pop up and never go back down. I stopped and smiled reguarly proud of my little show.

"That's how you be seductive." I said. Hayden slowly released a smirk.

"That was entertaining." We laughed and I heard Ryan mumble something before going back to work. "Anyways, I just was making sure you were alright."

"When did you start caring?" Nuna came from behind him and sat sown. Hayden looked at Nuna.

"I've always cared." He said making a mocked face.

"Yeah right." Nuna said sarcastically.

"Just not about you." Hayden shot back. Nuna's smile dropped.

"You're an ass Hayden."

"Yah well you're a bitch."

"I know, can't come up with anything better?" She was in battle mode.

"Just of which I scraped of the back of your momma's throat." He crossed his arms and smiled. I looked at Ryan and rolled my eyes. He pressd his lips together nodding.