Chapter 11

Photo of Will>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

******************************************************************************************************************

I spread out my legs and leaned back soaking up the sun. I nudged Will.

"Can I have a sip? Please?" He handed his soda over and I took a little bit more than a sip. "Thanks."

"Thank god today turned out to be sunny and warm. Tan on!" Nuna said laughing. We had sprayed banana boat tanning oil on our legs and arms before coming to the game with Will and Nate. I already had tan lines from the twenty minutes of watching the boy's baseball game.

"Thank you God." I said. Nuna and Nate sat to my left and Will sat on my right. It was eighty five degrees outside and I felt bad that the boys had to wear their pants. But their butts did look awfully good in them. I watched as Nate slid his hand into Nuna's. I smiled to myself. I stood up and tugged at my shorts.

"Come on Will. Let's go buy some candy." I grabbed his hands to help him up. "You guys want anything? Will's paying." I said smiling. Nate handed me a few dollars.

"Another soda please. Nuna do you want anything?"

"Starburst," I nodded my head and took Will with me.

"They are so cute together!" I gushed to him after we were a few feet away. He grinned.

"Yeah they are." We got to concessions and bought starburst, a soda, a water bottle, and a few red vines.

"Thank you Will." I said sweetly.

"You’re welcome Alaina." He replied back mimicking my sweetness. I grabbed everything and went to go sit down in the bleachers. I handed Nuna and Nate their stuff. Nuna was leaning into Nate a little bit and they were still holding hands.

"What?" Nuna asked smiling.

"Ohhh, nothing. Nothing at all." I smiled wider. She rolled her eyes.

"Hayden's up to bat." She said. We hollered at him.

"Take it easy! You got this Hayden!" I took a bite of my red vine and watched him walk the base.

"Good eye Hayden!" Nate yelled.

"Alaina!" I looked over to my right and saw Jess coming towards me. I grinned. A brilliant idea of mine was about to be put into action. I stood up and waved.

"Jess! Hey!" I patted the seat next to me. "Will would you be oh so kind and scoot your boot?" He scooted over and Jess came and sat by us. Her chestnut hair was down and her lips were naturally rosey.

"Hey guys. How are the boys doing?"

"We've got three runs on them. Hayden's on third base now. So hopefully someone gets a good hit soon." Nate said. Jess nodded.

"Jess, that's Nate, who is Will's best friend." I gestured towards Will. "And this is Will, a really good friend of mine who is currently single." I smiled at her and she rolled her eyes. She remembered him from t the hotel room.  And she knew all about the whole date thing. She was pretty much the only team member I was really close with still after basketball. She turned and smiled at Will.

"She is always trying to set me up with someone." Jess jerked her thumb in my direction.

"You're single?" Jess nodded when Will asked. "Why?" I laughed and slapped his knee.