Chapter eight

My back slammed against the closed locker next to mine. My arms went up in defense. I gasped and he grabbed my wrist gently pulling them down to my side.

"What are you doing?" I asked. The hall was deserted and the bell had rang, signaling that we were now late to class. He whispered in my ear,

"Something I've been waiting to do for a long time." He pulled back his lips from my ear and traced them along my neck, along my jaw, the corner of my lips and finally to my mouth. He pressed his lips to my own, slowly, gently moving them with mine. My eyes closed and I moved my arms from my side to his chest. I tugged at his shirt and he closed the gap between us.

He lips stopped moving against mine. We breathed in and out for a moment. I felt his lips form a smile against my own. I bit my lip slightly and he pulled away.

                                                                                 ~

I sat up right in my bed. I looked around at the surrounding darkness. Swinging my legs over my bed I glanced at the clock.

4:49

I still had like, forever until I had to wake-up. I walked out of my room and checked my parent’s room as well as my sister's to check on everyone. They were still sound asleep. Walking to the kitchen I pulled out a mug and filled it up with water.

I sat on the counter waiting for the microwave to heat up the water. Hayden always found a way to get into my dreams. It made me feel good for a few minutes. But then I felt deprived. Something I wanted so badly was being taken away from me. Actually, it wasn't even being given to me.

The microwave beeped and I pulled out my mug putting a tea bag in the hot water. We had no school yesterday. Some sort of in service work day. I wish they would have done it on a Friday instead of a Monday so plans could've been made for the weakened. Although I did enjoy the play offs.

Will and I had been texting all day. I kind of stayed in my room and listened to music all day. But he called me before I went to bed and told me goodnight. It was really sweet of him. I was torn. I have this great guy but I'm waiting on this other guy. Ugh, why did this have to be so complicated?

I added some milk and sugar to my green tea and sat at the dining room table. It was dark except for the moonlight. The tea was warm and made me sleepy again. I closed my eyes. If Hayden would actually do what he did in my dream, there would be no question as to whom I would choose.

I slid back into bed underneath my covers. Hopefully I would dream about something other than Hayden.

                                                         ~                     ~                      ~

I plopped down in my seat in newspaper class.

"Why so down girly?" Asked Nuna.

"So this weekend-"

"Wait! KayLynn!" She stopped me and waited for KayLynn to come over to our table. She had been walking around making sure people had gotten their stories in. She walked over to us.

"Yeah?"

"Alaina has a little somethin somethin to tell us." Nuna smiled.

"Really? Do tell darlin'."

"Well, you know Nick Webster?" they nodded, "Well that's Will's cousin."

"The one dating Shelby?" asked Nuna.