CHAPTER 7

It was five in the evening. Rose sat on her porch and waited patiently for Brian to arrive.She had invited him over for dinner and he had gladly accepted the offer.
They had grown close since the past few days. Rose seemed to slowly recover from her inner turmoil and start a new fresh life away from the pain that always followed her.
Rose liked his company. He was caring, gentle, humorous and so much more, just the way she liked. She had never invited him inside her house after the day they first met, other than talking to him whenever they saw each other outside, so she decided to invite him today and he had agreed to return from his work earlier and help her cook dinner for them.

Rose sat silently and scanned her surroundings like she always did. There were very few houses around her's, eight houses to be precise. Brians' house was to the farthest left from hers, a huge pice of vacant land filled with bushes separated both of them. Towards her right, was again a vacant piece of land with a small house situated at the end of the road. A few more houses scattered around that place. It actually seemed isolated and lonely, but then again,she was fine with it. She enjoyed the peace and harmony it provided her with.
After a few minutes she saw Brians sleek black BMW maneuver it's way towards her house. She smiled and looked at the car as it stopped in front. Brian rolled down the window of his car.

"Hey!, how long have you been waiting for?" He asked in a concerned voice.

"Not long" she said and smiled at him.

He nodded and smiled back at her

"Alright then, I'll go home, shower, and be right back"
He said with the same smile governing his face.
Rose always got carried away by this man's beautiful smile,warm and gentle.

"Sure, I will....um..get the things ready for cooking."
"Yeah, that would be great,
will be right back Rose." He said and smiled at her as he rolled up the window and drove away on the gravel filled road.

Rose made her way inside her house and pulled out a few vegetables, chicken,rice and the required utensils for their dinner. After a few minutes the door bell rang and she made her way to the door and opened it.

A fresh looking, handsome Brian stood on her door step dressed in a black button up shirt with sleeves  rolled upto to his elbows, paired up with dark blue jeans.
Rose gulped, this man was extremely handsome she thought.
"Rose, I have told you before,  you can as well take a picture of mine and frame it in your bedroom." He said playfully as he winked at her.
Rose blushed as embarrassment took over her,
"I am sorry. ..."
" You need not be sorry Rose, I love attention." he said playfully as he grinned at her.
She rolled her eyes and smiled at him.
The man who stood in front of her was different. He was so good to her, trying to get to know her and solve her like she was a piece of puzzle. It has been only a few days since they got to know each other, but he seemed to break down her walls at a faster pace.

"This is for you, I hope you like vine." He said as he pulled out a bottle from behind him.

"Oh yes, I do, but you dint have to Brian.", she said as he got inside the house.

"Not a problem Rose, so let's get started?"

"Yeah, sure."she said, and made her way inside the kitchen.

"We are making chicken curry, rice and a little salad for dinner, I hope that's fine with you?"

Rose asked him as she washed her hands to start with the preparations.

" That's more than fine Rose." he said ,and smiled at her as he layed the vine bottle down on the table. They both started preparing their dinner and made conversations in between about his day at work and what she did all day. Last time when she had met him, she had told him to inform her if he knew any job that would suit her since she was in a desperate need for a job.
After an hour or so, rose and Brian were done with their dinner and they sat on the couch basking in silence.