CHAPTER 34

Rose climbed up the stairs in a hurry and walked fast towards the door of Alexander's room. She bit her lip and kept her hand on the door nob to push it open but stopped herself.

Would he be angry on her.?

Would he shout?

Would he even talk to her?

When they were small, no matter who's fault it was, Rose would always go to him. She would be behind him until he spoke to her. But now, she was unsure. She was unsure of the man whom she was in love with. His reaction, his moods, and he, they were all different now. Nothing of Alexander remained the same since they were kids.

She slowly withdrew her hand and gulped as tears started pouring down her cheeks. She felt bad for hiding it from him, she felt bad for everything happening around and for herself. But the only thing that made her this weeping mess was Alexander's silent treatment. She could handle anything. But not this.

She took a few steps back and looked at the closed door of his room. She kept silent and tried to hear for any noise from inside. Silence. That was all she could hear.

He might have slept. She thought to herself.

He looked tiered when he walked in. She felt even pathetic thinking about what he would have undergone when he watched the video.

She sniffed and wiped away the tears from her face. She licked her lips and turned her head towards her room. She then decided that she would talk to him tomorrow. She did not want to disturb him. He was already angry on her. She had lied to him every time he had asked about the bruises. And now, she was unsure of what his response would be towards her if she entered his room.

She slowly turned around with a heavy heart and made her way towards her room. She wouldn't be able to get even an ounce of sleep today. She twisted the nob of her door, opened it, and shut it once she was in. She did not bother to switch on the lights. She slowly made her way towards the bed with her head hanging low and her toe hit the foot of the bed.

She hissed with pain and crouched down as she tightly held on to her throbbing toe. Tears of pain flowed down her cheeks and she sat on the corner of the bed.
She let go of her toe and covered her face with both her hands, crying for the pain, crying for Alexander and crying for her life.

She felt pathetic. Why was she like this. Why did she let things affect her to this extent. Did she not deserve happiness? Every time she was happy, her happiness decided to stay only for the shortest period of time. And when it left her, it would take away a part of her, making her weak all over again. She felt herself going back to that Rose before she met Alexander. Weak, pathetic and all alone.

She shook her head rapidly trying to come put of those thoughts and immediately got up from the bed. It was very hard for her to come out of her past. She wouldn't let herself get pulled back again. Not now. Not ever.

She slowly made her way towards the bed, sat on it, and pulled the comforter on her body. She rested her head on the pillow and turned towards her side, facing the door.

She would talk to him tomorrow. She would beg him for forgiveness but she wouldn't let him go without him speaking to her. She would go back to the Rose she was when they were kids if it was required but she would not compromise on the love she had for him. Never would she let that happen.

After a few minutes of tormenting silence, she heard her door nob shuffle and being opened all of a sudden. She was startled by the sudden intrusion and kept her eyes solely towards the entrance of her room. Her breathing grew rapid and she clutched onto her comforter in a vice grip.