CHAPTER 23

She lifted her head slightly and stole a glance at Alexander, who was furiously typing down on his laptop from the various files and papers that were spread across his desk. It was already six in the evening, and Rose felt exhausted after the whole days work. Alexander had already drowned himself deep into his work, and hence, she took that oppurtunity and lifted her head fully to admire him for a few seconds, hoping that he wouldn't catch her red handed.
Her eyes fell on his wild yet slightly dishevelled soft hair that had occurred due to him, constantly running his fingers through his hair all throughout the time from when they had started working. Her eyes trailed down to the creases on his forehead, his scrunched eyebrows, his narrowed green eyes that were glaring at the laptop screen with intense concentration, his neatly trimmed stubble and then his soft lips that had landed on hers just the previous day. Rose gulped down hard and tried to cool down her nerves as her eyes glued onto his lips. She slowly trailed her eyes downwards to his shirt. The first two buttons of his shirt were undone and it gave her a view of his perfectly tanned skin. His shirt clung to him perfectly emphasising his perfectly built body. He had rolled his sleeves upto his elbows and his hand laid on the desk as his long fingers typed down on the laptop.She gulped and looked down at her files, not able to resist the fine piece of male specimen who sat in front of her.
He might be a rude and arrogant person outside. But, for Rose, he was the same old Alexander back when they were kids. He loved her, completely and deeply. He himself could not fathom the extent to which he had fallen. But he knew, he had fallen hard. Extremal hard. Alexander wanted Rose to be with him and that is why, he had asked her to stay back with him to complete the work. He wanted to spend time with her.
After that kiss, Rose had unlocked the door in a lightening speed,got into her house and shut the door leaving him standing outside all alone. He stood there for some more time and left with a small smile on his face. He looked unaffected by the kiss, but deep inside, his heart beat increased when he had seen Rose that morning and now, when she was right in front of him, looking pink and nervous. Hence he did the only thing he could do to try to divert his head; he drowned into his work.

Rose sighed and started arranging the files in order on the desk and later started looking into the papers that he had given her to verify.

"Who is heading the engineering department.?" His manly voice echoed through the silent room and Rose abruptly lifted her head to look at him.

She blinked and dint say a word for a few seconds while his concentration was fully on the laptop screen.

He lifted his eyed from the screen and looked at her with those emerald greens that never failed to make her knees weak.

"Rose?"

"Yeah?" She asked him, looking all lost and confused as to why he had asked her about the engineering head.

He smiled,and sank back into his chair looking at her.

"Who is heading the engineering department, Rose?"

She did not want to utter his name now, and never in front of this man.

"Mr...Mr Brian Stephen. . . He heads the engineering department."

The small smile that he had on his lips vanished and his facial expression hardened. He looked arrogant and wild. But he never pulled his eyes away from hers all this while. He straightened himself and rested his arms on the table as he folded them across his chest and leaned onto the table while sitting on the chair.

"Alright." He said and looked back at the laptop screen.

Rose knew that the dangerous wheels in his head were spinning violently.

"Is he the man that you were planning to go out on a date with.?" He asked, looking back at her.

She looked straight into his eyes. They held so many emotions at that moment, but the most dominant was anger and frustration. He lifted his eyebrow indicating her to speak up.