CHAPTER 18

katdrake2

The next day morning Rose laid down on her bed staring blankly at the fan above her. Her cheeks were stained with tears, her eyes were red and swollen, and her lips were bruised and broken with a small cut at the side. And her heart, her heart was shattered into pieces.

------------------------------------------------------

That evening after Brian crashed his lips onto hers, he bit down on the side of her lips with force which had caused that part to bleed. He pulled back and smirked at her as he got up from the couch and looked at her terrified eyes.
Even though her lips hurt, Rose kept staring at the man in front of her who looked so undeniably evil. She was shocked at what a person he could become within a matter of few seconds.

"I've always been watching you Rose, without your knowledge. And I want you more than anything else."

He then bent down and wiped away the blood on her lips and said.

"You are mine Rose, and this. ." He whispered, as he rested his thumb on her cut and said " will remind you where you belong."

He smiled at her, kissed her on her cheek and left without turning back.

Rose sat there for minutes, minutes turned into hours but she remained seated in the same position looking at the door through which Brian walked away.

------------------------------------------------------

If she thought her life was a mess before , then it now had turned into a dangerously tangled ugly mess. She was scared, she dint know why, but she had a strong feeling that something evil, something bad was nearing her.

She shut her eyes as yesterday's events repeated in her head again and again. She couldn't sleep that night since her nightmares started to return with full force and Rose, was the old Rose once again; broken, bruised and deeply heart broken like never before.

The man whom she thought would never even hurt a fly had shown the monstrous side of him yesterday and the man whom she thought she would never meet, stood in front of her, wanting her.

Brian and his monstrous behaviour scared Rose to death. She never wanted to see him again and she felt a cold shiver rush through her spine when his words repeated in her head.
"I've always been watching you Rose, without your knowledge."

Rose gulped and instantly opened her eyes. She had to go, go to the only place that could provide her with comfort, strength and courage. The only place that was safer than her own house, the only place that would protect her throughout her life and promise for a better tomorrow.

She pushed the blankets off , got down from her bed and made her way towards the bathroom to get ready.

____________________________________

Rose got ready and picked up the keys from the table as she made her way towards the door. She pulled it from outside, shut the door and inserted the key inside the key hole to lock it. She removed the key once the door was locked and put it back into her bag pulling it's zipper close. She kept her hand on the door nob and twisted it once again to check if it's properly closed and turned to leave only to gasp and smash her back against the door with shock and fear.

Brian stood right behind her with his arms folded on his chest, and a small smile played on his lips.

"A little too jumpy today, are we?" He said and widened his smile.

Rose gulped down the fear and stood there silently as she glued her back towards the door.

Brian looked at her frightened form and bent his head down. He sighed and closed his eyes before opening his eyes and lifted his head up .