CHAPTER 27

Alexander was in Rose's room, standing near the window with his hands in his pockets as he stared at Brian, who was getting out of his house in a hurry, locking his door shut as he made his way to his car. Before he entered his car, Brian abruptly stopped and glanced towards her house, which alerted Alexander. He clenched his jaws and looked at the man who had been with Rose in his absence. He could feel his anger raising once again and could feel severe amount of negativity radiating from Brian. He was bad news. Brian then entered his car and stared the ignition as he drove away.

Alexander sighed and closed his eyes bending his head down and turned towards her bed. Her room was small, like this house, but it was well maintained. Everything neat and tidy, with nothing out of place. Just like when she was small. He smiled and turned as he made her way towards the bed and sat on it.

He kept his elbows on his knees and interlaced his fingers while he replayed everything that happened that morning. Brian Stephen. Alexander had an unsettling feeling about him and something did not fit right. He wanted his woman and that, was not possible until Alexander was alive. He would kill him if it was necessary but he would never let go of her now. Never ever.

Rose had removed the surgical tape and had helped him tend to his bleeding wound as soon as they came inside the house. She then cooked breakfast and he ate it without breaking his vision away from her.

So beautiful. He thought and smiled as he closed his eyes and bent his head down slightly. She had given him a chance, and he would give her all of him. He knew hat she would pull him out of the darkness he lived in. He had lost all those years, but not anymore. He loved her and he wanted her more than anything else in his life. It had always been her and it is always her. A mere thought of her would ignite his whole body. Her curves , her smile, her beauty.. everything in her was enchanting. He wanted to touch her, feel her smooth skin, taste every inch of her and drink her completely, and would try to quench his thirst for her that would never actually satisfy him.

Memories of them playing on the lawn in front of their house, the constant fights they had, the sleep overs, the feeling of jealousy that had creeped into his heart when he found her getting close to the school nerd, and everything related to her started replaying in his mind. He nerve believed in love,but she was the only reason why he started loving. She taught him what love was, in her absence. And Alexander still could not belive that fate had given him one more chance with this wonderful woman.

He had a strong urge to go and hold her tight and kiss her senseless. And so he got up from the bed to head to the kitchen where she was washing the plates. But his eyes fell on a metal box that was kept on the edge of the stand inside the wardrobe whose doors were slightly opened. He turned sideways and made his way towards it and opened the doors of the wardrobe. He scrunched his eyebrows in deep thought and picked up the old metal box that had a little rust on its sides.

The shabby letters engraved on the metal box got his heart to clench with pain, surprise and happiness. His name was engraved in a shabby handwriting on the box with a heart next to it.

Alexander brushed his thumb on the letters and pulled his lips in, wetting them as his mouth went dry. He knew the owner of this box. It could be only her. Only Rose. His Roseanne.

He opened the box and what he saw inside, clawed his heart out. Miserable. Painful. That's what he felt when he started recognising the items inside the box.

All the things that he had given her, and a few of his things that he had then found missing was neatly kept in this box.
His handkerchief was neatly folded and kept in the side of the box. His favourite pen that he had found missing when he was in school, an old square shaped photo of him and her looking at the camera with a huge smile, his cuff. . .His cuff. He picked the cuff out of the box and lifted his head eyeing it slowly. He had missed one of his cuffs on his prom night when he was at school. He gulped and kept it back inside the box and started looking at the other objects. His objects.