CHAPTER 31

That night Rose sat in the piano room waiting for Alexander to come down and play for her. She sat in front of the piano and delicately touched the keys feeling them sink a little under her finger. The sound of the piano always calmed her down. And today, Rose needed to listen to the instrument desperately. The disturbing encounter with Brian in the morning was still stuck in her memory and she could not get them out of her head. She sighed, shut her eyes and laid her head on the piano and it emitted uneven sounds from the keys that got pressed by her head.

That morning after she attended the call from Alexander, she immediately picked up the files, fixed her shirt and had rushed to the restroom once the elevator stopped at the fifth floor. She looked like a mess; with many strands of hair out of her pony tail, bruised lips, and slightly swollen eyes. She had then quickly washed her face, tied her hair up, and borrowed a dark red lipstick from Lily to cover up the bruise.

She had then walked into Alexander's cabin with the files to get them checked and signed by him. Her appearance had created a complete different meaning in his head. The dark red lipstick on her drove him mad and added fuel to the already burning hunger he had for her. She sensed his burning gaze on her and acted as if she did not see his lust filled eyes. Alexander had teased her and also accused her for being late only to seduce him this way. But then he loved this look of hers. He loved every damn thing of her. her perfections, her faults, all of her. He sensed something off about her behaviour but chose not to bring that up then. He got up from his chair to bite her lips away, but then Rose asked him to sign the papers soon and had walked away from his room before he could come near her.

"I will chase you all around our house for this kiss you denied me from Rose. You will be severly punished young lady." He had said in his rough manly voice and watched her leave his cabin with a wicked smile on his face.

Rose smiled thinking about the incident in the morning and raised her head from the piano when she heard the door of the piano room being opened.

Rose straightened herself and turned back to find Alexander leaning against the door with his hands in his pockets.

He looked handsome as ever in her eyes, a sight that she would always behold. She might forget or loose herself, but would never forget those captivating green eyes of that man she loved. She moved towards the side of the chair and stood there observing him.

What could go wrong when she had him by her side?
Nothing.
She had got what she wanted. God made her wait a little too long for him, but he eventually gifted her with the most precious gift that she has ever wanted in life.

She would never loose him. She would protect him with all that she had in her and more. With him, very thing seemed to be ....

"Rose."

He called out and it brought Rose back to her senses.

She smiled wider.

"Hey Alex." She softly said.

He pushed himself from the frame of the door and walked forwards towards her.

He closed the distance between them and took her in his arms.
He looked into her eyes for a few seconds and placed a soft kiss on her lips. He moved his head back to look at her flushed face and asked,

"What was running in that head of your's Rose?" He asked and snuggled his face into her neck, inhaling her scent.

She closed her eyes at he feel of him in her neck and bit her lip .

"I...I.." she stammered, not being able to talk due to the heavy distraction happening near her neck.

He chuckled and placed a kiss on her neck before he straightened his head.