CHAPTER 22

smileybunny15.

It was a bright Sunday morning. Rose sat on her couch sipping her morning tea and read the newspaper as the fresh morning wind rushed into the room through the opened door..

She sighed, flipped the pages vigorously and slumped back into the couch as she closed her eyes. She could not concentrate. She couldn't bring her head to act according to her wish. It was like her heart,and body wanted him. Only him. She could feel her heart hyperventilate whenever he was near her, her body ached for his touch and his strong embrace, and Rose, she ached for his love.

In the past one week at work, Alexander had already made many advances on her. He tried to touch and hold her at every chance he got, but Rose pushed herself away from him. Her heart wanted to be with him, but the stubborn and sensible part of her saved her from that hungry beast. His hunger for her was insatiable. He could not keep his hands away from her and he did not want to.

She wanted to touch him, to feel him and know that he's real and that he's in front of her. She feared that he would disappear like all those years back, she feared of loosing him again and more importantly, she feared his love. She was not ready to give in yet. He had to build her love and trust back if he wanted her.
He would have to wait for her.

"Rose."

She opened her eyes and titled her head towards the opened door.

"Hi Brian."she said and smiled warmly at him.

"Good morning."

"Good morning Rose. . .how have you been?"

"I've been good. Thank you. "

"It has been weeks since I last spoke to you Rose. .I missed you, a lot." He said, intently looking at her.

She nodded her head and smiled at him not wanting to reply anything to what he said.

"Sit down Brian." She said and pointed at the couch that rested towards the other end of the small table.

He looked at her and stood there without moving an inch.

Rose scrunched her eyesbrows in confusion.

"Brian?" She called out to him

"Alexander Hunter." He said and looked at her face with an emotionless face.

"What?" She asked him, confused as to why he brought up this dangerous topic.
Brian always turned into an angry beast when Alexander's topic cropped up. He turned into someone else and it always scared her. Rose did not want this now.

"Alexander Hunter. Our new boss?" He said with a sarcastic smile on his lips.
He was shifting into his possessive, angry and rude self once again.

Rose did not understand this sudden transformation in him. He looked angry, frustrated and mad at her. It was like he had split personality; changing from one character to another and that confused and terrified Rose.

She looked at him and shifted her gaze outside the house looking at the morning rays hit her porch.

"Yes. He's our new boss." She said ,still looking outside.

"Rose, look at me." He said as he mad his way to the couch and sat on it.

She looked at him, somewhere deep down she knew that this meeting wouldn't end well for both of them.

"I know you don't love him anymore Rose. You've got to stay away from him." He said sitting on the edge of the couch.

Rose sat there listening to whatever he said without uttering a single word.