CHAPTER 32

Rose got up from her nightmare with a loud scream and tried to control her rapid heart beats. She covered her face with her hands and breathed through her mouth, trying to suck in as much as air as possible to calm herself down. Sweat drops formed on her forehead and all of a sudden the room seemed to suffocate her to death. She clutched the sheets and explode into uncontrollable tears.

"Alex." She whispered in between her sobs and clutched the sheets even tighter making her knuckles turn white. A wave of satisfaction hit her when she realised that it was a all a dream. A painful, horrifying dream where she saw Alexander's head in the bloody cardboard box.

She shook her head vigorously, making her hair fall all over her face, when his lifless green eyes flashed in front of her shut eyelids. She instantly opened her eyes and cried harder.

Life was playing wicked tricks with her. So wicked and bad, that it would stay back and haunt her forever. This nightmare would be with her now.

It had once stopped. All her nightmares had vanished when he entered her life. But now they came back with force to shatter her once again.

"No. . No. ." She whispered rocking herself back and forth while she hugged her knees to her chest.

She heard faint footsteps before the door burst open. Faint lights from the corridoor cast their lights ipin him and she could see Alexander standing there with a worried yet confused expression etched in his beautiful face. He immediately switched on the lights and saw her crying form on the bed.

"Shit." He cursed under his breath as soon as he saw Rose sitting on the bed looking at him with fear all over her face, and shut the door behind him as he made his way towards her.

"Rose."he whispered.

He touched her hand delicately and got onto the bed, while never breaking eye contact with her.

Once he settled himself on the bed,he pulled her cold shaking form close to his body, trying to provide her with his warmth and comfort. He pressed her face to his chest and rubbed her arm continuously. He knew she faced a nightmare. He had heard her scream. It was all over her face, the fear, anxiety, and pain. If he could he would take it all. He would take each and every nightmare, every pain and sorrow that she faced in life. But that was never possible. We never will be able to share our pain with anyone and neither can they take away the burden from us.
We face what we are destined to face.

"Shhh...Love...It's over... Your fine...I am here Rose...I am here." He started whispering to her.

Rose felt herself calm down once she was in his arms. His warmth provided a lot of comfort and protection to her. But Rose abruptly pulled away from him moved away. She just kept looking at him as if she saw him for the very first time. She wanted to see his eyes. She wanted to see the life in his beautiful green eyes that she had loved since forever. Tears formed in her eyes and soon they started slipping down her cheeks.

"Rose" he said, fear gripping his soul.

"Come here." He whispered, moving closer to her once again.

"Alex." She said holding his right hand with both of her's.

"I...I don't want to loose you okay.? Promise me you won't let me go...Promise me you won't leave me again.. Promise me.." She breathed out. She was tiered, scared and her voice was broken.

He slowly pulled her closer to him and said.

"I will not leave you. I promise. I will never leave." He said and hugged her tight trying to comfort her.
It broke him to pieces to hear her ask him this question, asking him for a promise, as if she did not trust him enough. But he knew that she was under too much pain at the moment and he still needed to work hard to build her trust upon him.