CHAPTER 49

Five traumatizing months had passed since the painful death of Martha and the abrupt disappearance of Jade. A month after Martha's funeral, Alexander's men had found Jades mutilated body. It was wrapped up in a garbage bag and dumped to the side of his house. All that the camera around the house could capture was the footage of a white van that had stopped for few seconds by the side of his house to throw away the garbage bag. The killer couldn't even keep his promise to the dead. He did not think it was necessary to bury Jade like he had promised her lifeless body. The entire set of events had traumatised everyone in Alexander's house but he held it together for everyone's sake. And surprisingly Rose was holding up even better than Alexander by supporting him through every passing event. She had thrown up and had fallen sick after what she witnessed in the garbage bag. The girl who once had been there with her, acting as if she cared, had secretly been plotting against Alexander. Her heart felt no remorse but it still never failed to take her to a deep dark place whenever she thought about Jade. She soon took over Martha's place in the household and did her best to coordinate the everyday activities. She would let herself cry at nights when Alexander was not by her side. She would get nightmares and would hug herself to sleep thinking it was Alexander's strong warm ones that held her tight, those were the only days she would let herself cry. Alex had become extremely cold after Martha's death but he never directed any of it towards Rose. He found protection under her love and latched onto it like a little helpless boy. All that was running in his head was to keep her safe and sound and let nothing near her. In the first few months he had gone to an extent of not letting Rose get out of the house. But as time passed, she made him understand and let him assign one of his body guards for her. One day, after she saw Alexander come home with blood on his shirt, she had created havoc in the house begging him to leave everything behind and move back home, to California. But like every other time, he just dismissed her and spoke nothing about it. They had ignored each other since that night and Roseanne couldn't take any more of it.

Once again that night, Alexander was sitting in his study with his laptop and files in front of him, as he went through important information on the lead suspects. His concentration was completely on the laptop and he did not hear the door being knocked. Rose slowly peeped through the door and got in before she turned back to lock the door. It was already 2am and she couldn't catch an ounce of sleep. She wanted to be with him and nothing else, so she decided to disturb him. When she turned back, she saw Alexander staring at her with a smile on his face.

"What took you so long to come to me?" He spoke, teasing her.

She just raised her eyebrow at his cockiness and walked towards his desk.

"I missed you." She whispered, looking into his tiered green eyes. Every time she looked into them, her heart would constrict, just like how she felt when she was a kid. He sighed looking at her and pushed his chair away from the desk and turned slightly towards his left.

"Come here." He said, looking at her, waiting for her to walk around the desk, and she immediately complied.

He pulled her on his lap, against his chest and placed his chin on her right shoulder. He inhaled her scent and placed his warm heated hands on the flimsy night gown that she wore. Her heart was beating wildly. It had been so long since they made love to each other. The events that had occurred had completely demanded all his attention and she was carried away trying to battle her emotions to keep herself strong for him.

"You smell and look delicious." He whispered, kissing her neck and cheek.

"And you stink! How long has it been since you took a shower?" She teased, knowing very well that he smelt even better than her.

"Uh huh...."he played along, and licked her neck, tickling her tummy at the same time.

"Alex....Stop...stop, okay, I was lying...ouch...you smell good, heavenly indeed!" she laughed, and tried to regain her breath once he stopped his ministrations on her. She gently turned towards him and held cupped his face in her palms. He had the brightest smile and she loved every muscle that formed that smile on his face. She placed her lips on his and whispered.

"I love you, Alex..." she bit his lower lip and pulled it softly before she let go. Alexander was observing each and every move of hers as he felt his arousal painfully being constricted in his pants.

"Rose, sit on the desk. Now!" he demanded, and she looked at him with surprise.

"Here? Can we go to the bed room?" she asked, unsure of whether she wanted to be ravished in his study.

"Do as I say." He commanded.

She narrowed her eyes at him "Chill your arse. No need to whip me into submis...ahhh" before she could complete her sentence he picked her up and placed her on his desk. He pulled his shirt over his head and unbuttoned his pants, pulling his underwear down with it simultaneously. He was in an all consuming urgency to pound into her warmth, to stay there and feel home. He wanted her bad and he wasn't going to let her play her game of tease now. Once he threw his pant, shirt and underwear to one corner of the study, he turned towards her, expecting her to be naked like him. But to his surprise, he found her dreamily eyeing his body, licking her lips. She brought her eyes to his and watched him with a provocative smile before she straightened her body and lifted her hands above her head motioning him to undress her.

"Jesus, Woman. You drive me nuts!" he cursed under his breath and caught hold of her gown below her neck and ripped it apart.

"You were supposed to remove it properly, Alexander! Why do you think my hands were up?" She hissed at him as she eyed her soft silky night gown on the floor.

"Keep quiet, Roseanne!" he growled and attacked her lips. Her fingers slipped into his thick soft hair and she slowly massaged his scalp with her right hand and held the back of his neck as his hungry kisses became needier.

Soon the rest of her clothing was discarded and he made pure passionate love to her. And every time he thrust into her, he whispered that he loved her. Somewhere in the middle of making love, Alexander had stopped moving and remained stagnant inside her, feeling her heat clench around him, her breast press against his chest and her erratic breathing that drove him insane. As he held her tightly in his arms, he rested his head on her shoulder and let his tears fall freely. It was all too overwhelming and he let go of his guard, walls and all the pain that he had bottled up. He felt like that little boy who felt helpless, but this time, the only difference between him and that child was the presence of Roseanne, being inside her, knowing that her world enveloped him and clenched around him with an unwavering promise.

Roseanne kissed his shoulder and hugged him tight. She felt him throb inside her and it ignited a earth shattering feeling inside her. He stood there motionless, inside her, plastering their sweaty bodies together and she let him hold her and pull his bars down.

"Don't leave me, Rose..." he whispered, in a broken voice.

Her chest constricted painfully and she placed another kiss on his shoulder and to the side of his neck.

"Never, my sweet."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my lovely people,

Let me know what you all think. Please comment and vote if you liked the chapter. Thank you for supporting me throughout this book. I love each and every one of you. God bless.:)

Until next time,

RLJ.