13: She's Pregnant

Let me photograph you in this light

In case it is the last time

-When We Were Young, Adele

CHAPTER 13

{ She's Pregnant }

~RAVEN~

"Will they charge us extra for two people?" Liz asked anxious. She was supposed to go to her therapy today, and as promised I was going along with her.

"No I don't think so?" My mum answered for her. That's relieving. She stopped in front of the therapy center and we got out. "I'll be waiting for you here," my mother said as she parked the car. We went in, and headed towards the register.

"Lizabelle Cressi and Raven Matthews?" The woman behind the counter asked us. We nodded. "Please take a seat and wait for your turn," she motioned to some chairs. We obediently obliged and took out seats.

"Have you gone for therapy before?" She asked.

"Once," I answered her truthfully. "After my dad left, I started having a lot of anger issues, so, my mum sent me for therapy. But now all was well," I reassured her, bumping my knee with hers. She smiled at me, but her eyes didn't glint like they used to. She wore her specs a lot more these days, and her eyes stayed a prominent shade of gray- as if there was a storm brewing inside her eyes, those kind of storms where it would topple boats easily and eat them alive. Her eyes were cold, and how much she tried to smile for me, that smile, never reached her eyes, and I was beginning to miss them badly.

"How long does it last?" She looked at her hands.

"We have a 45 minute time slot for today," I told her.

"Ms Cressi and Mr Matthews," the woman in the counter addressed us. We stood up and walked into a room with dark furnished walls. There were two couches seated facing each other in the middle of the rooms. Books lined the walls, and the curtains were drawn back, revealing a ceiling to floor window behind it.

Liz stopped at the doorway, "I don't think I can do this," she whispered to herself.

"I know you can," I whispered into her ear and pushed her forward. She walked into the room taking deep breaths.

"Take a seat," a woman stood up and motioned to the couch. She took a seat on the couch in front of us. Her dark brown hair was tied into a neat French bun, and she was wearing a white pleated blouse tucked into a beige pencil skirt. She was giving out this motherly vibe, that allowed me to sink comfortably into the couch.

On the other hand, Liz was jittery, sitting on the edge of her seat. She looked like a prey, that had its eyes on its predator. Any slight movement and she'd be out of the door in seconds.

"So who's, Ms Cressi?" She looked between us. I rolled my eyes, like seriously, was she blind?

"Liz," Liz corrected her. The therapist nodded her head and looked at me, "You are?"

"Raven. Emotional support," I told her.

"I'm doctor Marilyn. Shall we get started?" Liz shook her head slightly in objection.

"How are you feeling now?" Dr. Marilyn asked. Liz opened her mouth to answer.

"She's feeling very jittery. She looks fine, but inside her facade, if you look closely, you can see that she doesn't know where she really is. She feels very confined, at the moment," I butted in. Dr Marilyn looked at me and took notes.