14: Kicked Me Out

I know how to scream my own name

Scream my name

-Love myself, Hailee Steinfield

CHAPTER 14

{ Kicked Me Out }

~LIZ~

I woke up feeling a hole in my heart. I really wanted to become better. I wanted really be better and not act like I am. I felt miserable, and I couldn't feel angry at anyone else except at myself. I did a good job at holding up my facade, but somehow, I could feel that Raven could look right through.

I got dressed for school and headed down for breakfast. I took a bowl and poured cereal in it. Raven was standing at the refrigerator, so I asked him to help me take out the carton of milk.

"You want the milk?" Raven pointed the carton at me.

"Yeah asshole, who eats cereal without milk?" I questioned.

"Sure," he smirked and opened the cap. He put his mouth to the mouth of the carton- which is really disgusting- and chugged the remnants down. "Oops, seems like its empty," he tossed it in the bin. I stared at him, my mouth hanging agape. He grabbed his bag and walked out.

"Dude wait," I quickly grab my bag and my shoes. I heard him unlock the car and ran barefoot to the passenger side and got inside. He sighed and got into the drivers side.

"Done wearing your shoes?" He asked, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Yeah. Why so hostile though?" I ask. He abruptly stepped on the break. I realized that I forgot to put my seat belt. Due to the force, I hit my forehead on the dashboard, and hit the back of my head on the leather seat. "HEY!" I shout at him rubbing my forehead.

"Get your ass off my car."

"What! No!" I said stubbornly. I saw his jaw tighten.

"Get out," his voice hardened.

"What is wrong with you today?" I question. He unlocked my side of the door and and- literally- kicked me out. He threw my bag at my head and slammed the door on my face. Before I could get up, he drove away. "Jerk face!" I shouted and started trudging to school.

I entered the school shivering and wet. It was raining and freezing outside. I made a beeline for my locker, and opened it. Luckily there was nothing inside, I quickly took my lit notebook and walked to class.

I enter class and see Thean sitting with Raven. Shocking, I know. I had to walk past Thean to get to an empty seat. As I walked past Thean, I didn't see his outstretched leg. I tripped, and fell, but got caught by the arm just in time. I looked at my savior.

"Thanks Tyler," I thanked him sincerely. I turn to look back at my supposed best friends. They were laughing and fist bumping each other. What the hell? All I have been is nice to these two.

Lunch period rolled around and I went to the cafeteria. I see my seat taken by the last person I would see at my table. I had never seen Thean being so close to Raven ever before. They were like the hi, bye type of acquaintances.

"You're on my seat," I address Thean.

"I don't see your name," he snapped. I was taken aback. Thean never snapped at me.

"But... You never sit here."

"Oh haven't you heard? Raven and I are bros now. Too bad, seems like our friendship quota ended sometime back," he shrugged.