Epilogue

{ EPILOGUE }

~LIZ~

I grudgingly walked up my porch steps and grabbed the key from under my flower pot. I unlocked the door and was immediately chocked by black hair in my face.

"Oh my gosh! Liz! You're back. It was really terrifying staying here alone a whole night," she hugged me and squeezed me tight.

"Oh, hey," I hugged her back dryly.

"Where's Raven?" Her eyes were warm. Oh how I missed those eyes.

"H-he uh..." I stammered. "I don't know," my voice cracked.

"Hey, what happened?"she shook my shoulders.

"I-i think- I..." I sighed as I let out a breath which pushed steam through the air. "I broke it off," a tear finally fell.

"Why? Do you want to talk about it?" She looked at me like I was going to break.

"No," I wiped the tear away fiercely. "I don't even need to either. I'm back, and I'm going to start anew." A Cressi, never cries over a boy.

"You sure?"

"Hell yeah. I'm in a mood to shop," I put my suitcases in my living room.

I locked the house and turned around, to find Cedric waiting for me. "You're back!"

"So are you!" I hugged him, "And its amazing to be back!"

"Hell yeah!" We all rejoiced. Something was off. The street was silent. Eerily silent, despite the amount of people around us. I looked around and all eyes were on me, which really crept me out.

"Why is everyone looking at me?" I whisper.

"You've been the talk of this town for the past year. Everyone knows about you, and about you leaving. Its a small town, and everything spreads like wildfire. And now that you're back..." Penny pursed her lips.

"Rad!" Cedric commented.

"Oh...no...," I mumble. "The whole town knows? Everyone from highschool?"

"Especially everyone from highschool," Penny nodded her head.

"Damn it," I looked at everyone. Everyone looked at me like I was some alien who had landed on earth with a 450 foot shotgun. I gave them all an awkward smile and some of them returned it. Others continued with their work, and some even turned their head into their friend's ear to gossip. Then I heard it.

"That's the Cressi girl..."

"... the last of the Cressis..."

"... the one that escaped..."

"... strong... Wicked... Cool... Salute her... She looks good..."

I just passed all of these whispers and headed into the street.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it," Penny squeezed my shoulders.

"Yeah I hope," I sighed again.

"Hey! I know!" Cedric stopped in front of me, causing me to collide into his chest.

"What?" I rubbed my head. Damn he's too tall now. He always was shorter than me. When did he get so big?

"We should throw a party at your place tonight. Like a welcome back Cressi party!" He fished out his phone. "No restrictions. No weed that's for sure! And also best part, no parents!"

Yep he always had that no filter mouth. 

"Dude!" Penny slapped his head. "That's not nice!"

"No, he didn't mean it, he's like a big baymax," I chuckled.

"Too late, I already tweeted," he flashed the tweet in my face.

"Damn, now I need to buy all those beers. Wait a minute, you gave the idea you pay," I challenged him.

"No problems!" He put his phone back into his back pocket. "This is going to be the best party Hillview has ever seen!"

"Yeah, so great," I breathed and followed them to the supermarket. I don't know how I am going to get a grip, but I ought to try.

hey guys. i really really hoped you enjoyed survivor. it is my first fiction and appreciate every reader and voter. thank you for supporting me thus far and i hope to work harder and write better. thank you very much guys