28: Wrecked

CHAPTER 28

{ Wrecked }

~LIZ~

"Liz! You've got a letter!" Claudia called as she came into the house. Raven went out with the guys to do some guy thing.

"Coming!' I shut my laptop and bounded down the stairs. I saw a stack of letters that were piled on the counter and sifted through them. I found a letter that was addressed to me and picked it up. It looked really formal, like it came from the-

Oh no!

I quickly ripped open the envelope and opened the letter with shaking hands.

We are happy to inform you that we have accepted your application into the University Of Newcastle, New South Whales.

I screamed. I held the paper in my hands tightly, like my life depended on it and screamed. I started jumping and screaming.

"Oh my gosh! What happened?" Claudia ran out her hair in a mid shampooed state and a towel wrapped around her torso.

"I got in! I got in! I got in!" I shouted at her.

"I thought you were being raped," she sighed. "Got into?"

"I got into UON! They just sent me an acceptance letter! Oh my gosh thank you so much Claudia!" I gush. "Wait I have to tell this to Penny!" I ran up and quickly opened my laptop.

I called Penny and she picked up immediately.

"Liz!" She greeted me.

"I got in!" I shouted and showed the letter in front of the screen.

"Oh my gosh! I did too! I got my letter yesterday!" She jumped up and down. I was so overjoyed.

But something seemed off.

"What happened to your room?" I tried to peer behind her.

"Oh," she turned her camera to show me around her room. Her room was packed. Boxes were everywhere.

"You are moving?"

"Yeah. Were moving to Melbourne. My dads company opened a new branch there and he got promoted to become the supervisor there. So all of us are moving. I'll be staying in the dorms, extra money," she huffed.

"Wait..." So she won't be with me. Then an idea struck me.

"Hey! Why don't you move in with me and Raven? I'll be coming back, and the college is just a 15 minute drive away. We can renovate the house, cater it to our needs," I went on. There was so much we could do!

"What about the other stuff? You going to throw them away?"

"No..." I pondered for a while. "There's a treehouse at the back, in the woods. Evan and I used to spend a lot of time there. We can store it there," I suggest.

"That's great! And I think my parents would be happy about not paying dorm fees. Also we can work in my mum's diner that she's passing over to the cook. Well get extra money out of that we can spend!" She joined in excitedly.

"Dude! This is so awesome! College life here I come!" I fist pumped the air.

"This is great! I can't wait! Let me tell the idea to my mum!" She hung up and went away. I put the letter away and made my way down.

"What did Raven say? Is he going to move to Australia with you?" Claudia asked me from the living room. I sat down beside here and joined her with watching the movie.