Ch. 14

Mataviac (Magic) in MM

Navaeh P.O.V.
I looked over at Magic who was dressed in a dark blue button down white trues and all white 1's. We walked into the school along with the crew. Hopefully we won't have to face Jasmine and her bunch of wannabes. Even tho imma savage its my graduation night full of my accomplishments and Im not tryna have it messed up from some street downgrading street business. Magic tapped me on my shoulder

"Yes." I said innocently. He place something cold on my neck. I looked down and saw a diamond necklace and he had his name 'Magic' and a giant heart underneath in blue diamonds. "Thank you baby I have a gift for you too but you have to wait." I said frowning. "Don't worry." He whispered. I giggled and strutted to grab my speech, I had my English teachers read over it.

I walked to my English teacher
Mrs. Nelson. She was talking to Principle Drake. "Excuse me. Hello you guys Mrs. Nelson do you still have my speech?" I asked. "Hello sure wait here I'll go to get it." She walked off. I turned to Principle Drake he always supported me like a father figure. "Hello Principle Drake I'm going to miss you when I go off to college." I smiled. "You are a wonderful student and I am proud and always glad to pass news to your fath- uh never mind." He had a worried look in his face. "What do you mean father? My father is Jonathan right your talking about him? I'm surprised I'm claiming him." I mumbled.

Principle Drake had a emotionless face. "It's time I tell you Im your uncle, Jonathan isn't your father he is your fathers partner but they switched identities when they got caught up in some mess. I always tell him about you and your brothers he is very happy of you and even though your brothers jobs aren't safe and legal he is proud of them. They found a way to make it despite not having a father and doing it for the women in their life. Your father is now in Atlanta he still is in the drug business so he had to make sure he kept you out of harm. And your whore of a mother fucked best friends and wanted your fathers partner instead. I was sent down here to take after well watch after you all." He said.

I looked at him in disbelief but I believed him. After all the hell I been through none of the shit people tell me makes sense and I guess it seems normal to me now. He did have some of my features. "Crazy thing I believe you but do you know they are trying to kill us I still can't believe my momma and fathers partner or whatever would do that." I said with wide eyes. Ms. Nelson walked over. "I printed your paper out you are going great places with your life your a beautiful young women I wish you the best." She praised me. "Thank you and I will miss everyone but I have to visit my old high school later in life. I wish to see you again." I smiled.

I walked in line ready to say my speech I had been working a week on it. "And now Navaeh Jones Valedictorian!" Ms.Kacey our guidance consular yelled. I strutted down to the podium with my heels clacking as the crowd yelled. "BAEE!" Magic yelled. "That's my bestie!" Lez screamed. "Go lil sis!" King yelled. Tayvon was routing like a dog.

"Goodmorning visitors, graduates, faculty, and staff. I'm Navaeh Jones your Valedictorian. This school is home to all of us we kinda grew up here and we develop our selves in squads or cliques you can say but we still all come together when the time is right like every sport event even the cheer leading competition everyone came and I was surprised. We all came together when that shoot out between Beverly High and John C. Freemont happened and Three children died we all came to protest. We all have love together and this is our home. I don't know about you guys but im gonna miss you all everyone even though I may not like some of you I'll miss you and John C. Freemont High. I wish all of you a nice and happy life. Goodnight everyone." I exited the stage as everyone clapped. I know it was a boring and corny speech but its okay I guess.