Chapter 4

Chris

I was happily satisfied after I had my cup of coffee. We got back to school just on time to hear the bell rang signalling lunch ended. We went our separate ways to our classes and I sighed. My happy mood turning gloomy and terrified. Why couldn't Jess be in all my classes?

Now that I want 4th and 5th period to last a while they go by quickly!

I walked slowly to 6th; my heart was beating like crazy. I did not want to face Drake. The glare he gave me in lunch signified he wasn't going to let it go. I felt someone's presence next to me making me jump. It was the hot mystery guy. Instantly, all my worries went away and I felt safe.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." He said guiltily making me forget how to breathe. His husky voice made me want to melt... His lips were full and plump with white sparkling teeth that went along with his perfect eyes. I looked away quickly before he saw me drooling over him. Meanwhile my heart was still going on overdrive. I took a deep breath and I instantly wanted to moan at his intoxicating smell. It was a woodsy scent.

"S' OK." I said. I started to feel hot. My cheeks were beginning to burn up. Please don't notice. "What class do you have?" I asked as a distraction. But I was also curious to know where he was going.

"Art with Mr. Mango." He said with a smug smile. I stopped walking; I don't remember seeing him there yesterday... I tilted my head to the side. I'm pretty sure I would remember him being in my class.

"You have that class?" I asked confused.

"Yup." He said making the 'p' pop. "So do you." I was caught off guard with that. How the hell did he know that? I thought he didn't care about the 'new girl'? "Everyone's talking about you." He explained rather annoyingly. Right. He doesn't care. We entered the class and he walked towards the desk I was at yesterday and sat on the exact seat I sat on yesterday. I stopped walking. "What?" He asked.

"Nothing." I sat on the empty seat next to him. He raised his eyebrows and I shrugged. So far 6th period isn't that bad - and yes it is because hot mystery guy is in this class. Mr. Mango told us to work on our project he assigned us yesterday. "So, what's your name?" I asked. I made sure my voice came out clear. His body heat was having an effect on my body.

"My name... I'd rather you not know my name." He said, frowning.

"Why?" I asked trying not to sound hurt.

This made him look away, shaking his head. A few seconds passed. I frowned. What is his deal? Or is it just me? He was completely fine a while ago... If anything he came up to me... Was he repulsed by me because of what happened? I closed my eyes feeling used and dirty. Of course he is. My heart dropped to my stomach. Why am I being so affected by him?!

Whatever. I pulled out the sketchbook Mr. Mango gave me yesterday during class and continued the project. We had to draw our own hero with a superpower. I saw from the corner of my eye that he was watching me with a poker-face. I faced him and raised my left eyebrow.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." I said, rolling my eyes.

He ignored me. "What's superpower are you giving your hero?" He asked.

"I ask you a question and you completely ignore me, yet you want me to answer your question?" I asked. He didn't respond to that either, he just frowned looking confused. "Why do you act all bipolar?"

"I'm not, you're misinterpreting." He said.

"OK, then explain, what am I, 'misinterpreting'?" I said adding quotation marks with my hands.