Chapter 24

Birthday n• 1

I woke up to my alarm blaring. I smiled when I opened my eyes; I am so excited for today. It's Chris' birthday!!!! I looked over and read 3:00 AM. Yea, I know - super early! But I want to surprise him.

It's June 25th today, so the class of 2012 has graduated already. It was sad and happy all at the same time that day. Chris didn't want me to attend his graduation because of the injury on my stomach, but there was no way in hell I was going to miss it! He had a grimace plastered on his face when he saw me, but that soon changed into a smile and a shake of his head seeing as he couldn't do anything about it.

It's been four weeks since the incident occurred, so I still have two more weeks to 'fully recover.' These past four weeks have been a pain in my ass though. Chris won't let me do anything! He doesn't even want me to celebrate his birthday today. But I've made other plans.

I smiled deviously and climbed out of my bed to take a shower. I honestly feel much better. My abdomen is fine and healed, but they don't want me to do anything too extreme in case the wound reopens. The court date for my case is next month and I'm extremely nervous. I hope Drake gets put into jail for a long time, if he gets his way and doesn't go to jail then I'm going to order a restraining order against him. The sucky thing about all of this is that we had to cancel our plans to go to San Diego this summer.

I don't think I'm as bummed out as Jess was about canceling the plans. I seriously thought she was going to cry when I told her. I felt horrible for making her get her hopes up, but I'm hoping I can take her soon.

My aunt is still in a coma. I've visited her several times even though I've never met her. Despite my dad not talking to her for a good while she meant a lot to him. He's told me many stories of them two when they were younger. Beth has hung out with Daniel, Jess, Chris, and I a few times. And all those times, she gawks at Chris, irritating me - but Chris gives me reassuring tugs, telling me he's mine and no ones else's. Jess still thinks there's something fishy about her, although I believe it's all in her head. I'm just glad she's trying to get along with her... Ok that's a lie - she doesn't talk to her at all. She tends to avoid talking to her, unless she has to or I make her. But overall Jess is nice to Beth... Kind of.

I quickly put on a comfortable outfit. The weather is finally warmer! I'm excited for this summer.

I put another set of clothes in my bag for later and picked it up along with the other sets of bags I had set aside. I already told my dad yesterday about my plans and he's ok with it. I don't get how my dad is ok with me going out, yet Chris freaks out whenever I mention anything about going out. I got in my car and drove towards their new home.

They moved out from the apartment and bought a house. It's really, really nice! It's not huge like the other one, it's a one story with a pool in the backyard, four rooms, three bathrooms - they got the three bathrooms so Lesly and Chris wouldn't have to share - a living room, and a kitchen.

I parked my car in the driveway and got out. They left a spare key hidden under a rock somewhere... Found it.

Luke and Donna know that I'm coming over as well, I had it all planned out with Donna. Oh right, Donna moved in with them and is now engaged to Luke. They're so cute, I look up to them a lot. They're like my second parents, they give amazing advice and they care so much for me. I locked the door behind me and left some of the bags on the kitchen table since I'd be using them in a few hours. I made my way to Chris' room and silently dropped my other bags near the door. I then took off my shoes and climbed in bed next to him to sleep for a few hours with him.

Yup, this is my first surprise for him.

I smiled at the sight of him. He looks so adorable in his sleep. I held my breath while picking up the blanket to cover myself trying not to make a single noise. I looked at him the whole time to make sure he didn't wake up. Once I was inside the blanket I snuggled up to his chest, he automatically wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. I gasped and cursed thinking he woke up. I stayed still for a minute, but he made no sound meaning he's asleep. I smiled and closed my eyes, breathing in his woodsy scent that I love so much.