Chapter 20

Prep

I groaned at the sight of light streaming in through my window. Ah my head is throbbing! My throat feels so dry and raspy. I am never drinking again! I internally laughed, I say that all the time yet I still drink. I slowly get up and make my way to the kitchen. I am in need of some pain killer pills and water.

"Bad morning?" My dad asked with raised eyebrows from the couch. I grimaced at him and went straight for the cabinet. He chuckled. "I made breakfast already; your plate's in the microwave." My dad said. He knows I drink, the first time he saw me drunk he was angry and had a long talk with me the next morning about the rules and safety procedures of it, as long as his rules are followed and I don't go overboard, he'll be somewhat okay with it. He says he knows kids our age are going to be drinking. He'd rather I do it with him knowing, rather than me hiding it.

"Thanks." I replied after I downed the pills and drank plenty of water. My dad nodded and continued watching TV. I went back to my room to check and see if I had any new messages. I thought back to last night, some parts I remember vaguely, others I don't, it's like a blank page to a book... I do remember everything that happened with Drake though. My head started throbbing again. I groaned, thinking about this makes my head hurt more. I looked at my phone.

Morning beautiful. I hope that hangover of yours isn't too bad 😜

Chris texted me. I laughed at the last part. I looked at my clock and saw that it was 11:07 AM.

Morning handsome 😘 I woke up with a headache and sore throat - not funny! 😔

I replied back. With that I grabbed some clean comfy clothes and a towel to shower. My phone beeped right before I left my room.

Haha I find it amusing not funny 😉 tell Katherine I said happy birthday!

He replied back. I gasped. I can't believe I forgot today is Katherine's birthday! I am a horrible sister. I ran to the living room forgetting all about my headache.

"Did you call Kath to wish her a happy birthday?" I asked my dad with wide eyes. He shut his eyes tight and groaned.

"Am I a horrible father for forgetting?" He asked me with a guilty look. I laughed.

"Yes. But don't worry, I'm with you on that. Chris reminded me." I told him while dialing my moms house number. The only reason Chris knows is because I told him earlier this week. So technically, I'm not THAT much of a horrible sister. I think my forgetfulness had to do with the hangover.

"Hello?" Kath answered groggily as if she just woke up. A huge smile broke onto my face.

"Happy birthday Kath!" I yelled onto the phone. My throat was forming a knot, hearing her voice makes me miss her and my mom so much. I heard her gasp. "Did you just wake up?" I asked after.

"Ledi!" Kath said. She's called me Ledi ever since she was in diapers because she had trouble pronouncing Melody. "I miss you! And yes I just woke up, it's 8 o'clock over here." She said.

"Oh crap, I'm sorry I forgot about the time difference." I said. I have been really unobservant lately. "And I miss you too! but in a few months I'll get to see you." I smiled. She squealed.

"Make sure you bring me my present!" She chastised me. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"How could I forget?" I asked her sarcastically. She giggled. "Oh, Chris says happy birthday as well." I told her.

"He's coming too right?" She asked.

"Yup." I replied with a smile.

"I'm excited to meet him! Oh and Mom said you guys can't share rooms." She said. I rolled my eyes. I knew my mom wouldn't want us to stay in the same room, so it's probably going to be Jess and I in one room while Chris and Daniel are going to be in the other.