Chapter 13

831 - 8 letters, 3 words, 1 meaning

Two months. Two months since Chris and I started dating. Two months in which I got super close to Lesly. Two months since Donna and Luke got together -- finally! Two months since Drake stopped coming to school, which is a plus because I no longer have to worry about him.

Everything was - scratch that, is perfect! My dad loves Chris so I don't have to worry about that relationship. During winter break Allan came to visit us so Chris got to meet him. It was shocking that my brother got along with him because he's super protective of me. I remember him being over protective with my ex who was my childhood best friend! That was ridiculous. Anyways, Allan's baby is finally born!! The baby is a girl, I haven't seen her though - which is a huge bummer, I mean come on I'm the aunt, I want to meet my niece!

Emily has gone MIA, she still goes to our school, but she's in hiding. Last time I saw her was the day after the dinner with Chris and his family, and she was with Drake. It looked like they had something planned, but nothing ever happened so it must have been me imagining it.

Drake... he transferred once the process of the divorce began. The divorce is almost done with, they just need to get through a few more things. I haven't heard a thing from Anastasia. And in case you were wondering, Lesly got her car back without a single scratch. How? She got a lawyer friend to go with her - I thought that was pretty hilarious, but it was necessary.

Jess and I have also grown closer, she's the best girl friend I've never had, aside from Lesly. She and Daniel are still together. They make a hot couple if I may say. Ever since then, us four have been hanging out at lunch. Jess definitely didn't mind not hanging out with her other friends. She said she was never that close to them. 

Today is Valentine's Day and I feel like a third wheel with Daniel and Jess. It's lunch period so we're in the cafeteria. Chris said he had to go see his counselor to finish up something for College. He's been acting odd the whole day today. I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing... but it's honestly scaring me. What if he wants to break up with me? But he wouldn't do that on Valentine's Day... Right? That's just cruel.

"Stop freaking out. You're making a big deal out of it, it might not be bad. It might be something he has planned for later; after all it is Valentine's Day." Jess told me. I guess I shouldn't have anything to worry about; I mean he did give me a white rose this morning - my favorite. I prefer one rose instead of a dozen for some reason, so that was really sweet of him, but I still don't know why he's acting strange...

Neither one of us has said the four lettered word yet. I know I do love him. He started planting himself in my heart since the first day I met him. Each day with him gets better and better. I've never felt like this before, he's the only guy that has ever made me feel this way. We've been on so many dates, yet I still feel giddy every time I see him. We haven't had any arguments, I don't know if that's a bad or good thing. I'll take it as good. He's seen me cry, which was embarrassing at first, but after a while I didn't care and I just cried on his shoulder. I was super emotional that day - blame it on my hormones - and I miss my mom... I haven't seen her in a while; whereas, I used to see her every day.

He's just - amazing. And I... I love him. Spending a lot of time with someone ends up having those affects.

"Earth to Mels." Jess said making me snap out of it. Daniel laughed when I pouted at her.

"Why are you guys making my girl pout?" Chris said taking the seat next to me. He put his arm around my shoulders and gave me a peck on my lips causing my pout to turn into a smile. Maybe I don't have anything to worry about...

"Aww." Jess said making me roll my eyes.

"Hey." Daniel said to Chris doing the 'bro-handshake.'