Chapter 14

Candy

Ever since Emily told us about the 'message' last month, Chris has become super over protective. I know there's something he's not telling me and I'm going to figure it out. Right now I'm with Lesly at their apartment. It's just us two since Chris is with his dad at the university. We're on spring break so I have no idea why they're over there.

"School is killing me." Lesly whined, she was currently lying down on bed with her head upside down, hanging on the edge of the bed. Her face started getting red.

"Just think about it this way, in a few years you're going to be looking back saying you killed it." I tried motivating her. She wants to become a lawyer and is attending Harvard University, so it must be hard, it'll all be worth it at the end though.

"I do want to kill it! ... literally." She finished off making me laugh. "This sucks."

"Stop thinking about it! We're on Spring break, which means... NO stress..." I said to her. "Stress out when you get back to school." I chuckled. She glared at me while still being upside down.

"And I thought you were better than my brother." She huffed while I giggled.

"Lesly?" I asked once my laughter died down. It's now or never.

"Yea?" She replied, messing with her phone. How is her head not hurting from all that blood going to her head?

"Have you or your brother heard anything about D - R - A - K - E?" I asked spelling his name. Drake isn't too much of a touché subject to Lesly as it is for Chris. Lesly dropped her phone and got up from her position to sitting criss-cross.

"Why?" She asked narrowing her eyes at me curiously. I sighed.

"Last month Emily said she had a message, for both Chris and I, from him, but I never got it because your dear brother dragged me away from her telling her to save it. Also, he's been super over protective which I thought was cute at first, but it has become annoying! And I know there's a reason as to why he's acting like this. However, if I ask him why, he's not going to tell me." I finished taking a deep breath. Wow it felt good to get it all out -- besides telling Jess of course. Lesly had on a poker face the whole time. Does she know? I gasped. Of course she knows! Chris tells her everything. "You know! Chris always tells you everything. Of course you know; please tell me!" I said to her getting up from the comfy chair to go sit next to her on the bed.

"OK... I know," She said making me sigh in relief, "but I can't tell you." She said making me frustrated.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Melody, I can't." She said looking sorry. "If you want to know you're going to have to ask Chris." She said seriously turning away from me.

"He won't tell me!" I yelled to no one in particular.

"Who won't tell you what?" Chris asked barging in. I let out a squeak and jumped.

"You scared me!" I glared at him making them laugh.

"You... should... have seen... your face." Lesly said in between laughs.

"Ha ha ha. So funny." I said rolling my eyes.

"Sorry." Chris said walking towards me giving me a kiss on my forehead. That gesture means so much to me. Somehow a kiss on the forehead is a whole other meaning to a kiss on the lips.

"Well I'm not." Lesly said beside me still trying to catch her breath. I got the pillow that was behind me and hit her with it hard making her fall off the bed hard and land on her butt. I started laughing so hard, oh my gosh, her face expression! I held on to my stomach feeling the pain.