Chapter 25

Birthday n• 2

This past month could not have been any better. What makes it even better is that today is my birthday! I am finally 18 years old - making me legal and what some people like to call, an 'adult.'

My court date with Drake was two weeks ago. I was nervous out of my mind! Thankfully, the odds were in my favor.

There were witnesses and a weapon included with his hand prints. He was sentenced 30 years in jail for aggravated assault and attempted rape. Cruella deville was there and boy was she pissed. There was no way her baby boy was getting out of this one. We all celebrated by going to dinner.

I am currently changing into a really cute sundress with my bikini under it - I was ordered to do it by Chris.

When I woke up this morning - correction, more like when Jess woke me up this morning by barging into my room, she brought along a silver rectangular gift box that had a white bow tied on top of it. I opened it and saw a letter on top that had written, 'Wear this today. Put on a bathing suit under.' Inside was a beautiful strapless white sundress. It was in Chris' handwriting so it made me giddy and curious.

"Make sure you wear that sexy bikini we bought the other day." Jess said with a huge smile. I laughed.

"Alright. Do you know where he's taking me?" I asked her, desperate to know. She nodded making me look at her with pleading eyes.

"But I can't tell you." She said stubbornly. I grumbled. "Don't get grumpy on me. You did the same thing to me on my birthday." She replied making me smile and shrug. "Oh by the way, your birthday present is in the living room." She said.

"It wasn't anything big right?" I asked her.

Don't get me wrong, I love presents, but I don't like it when they spend too much money. I like presents much more when they're done by hand, it has much more meaning to it.

"Don't worry buttercup, you'll love it." She replied with a wink. I nodded smiling. I pulled out my bikini from my drawer.

"Ima go shower and then change." I told her heading to the bathroom with the dress and bikini.

"Hurry your ass up." She replied laying on my bed.

"Happy birthday!" My dad said after I closed the door to my room. He had a cup of coffee on his hands.

"Thank you." I said after he gave me a hug.

"I left you your present along with Jessica's, your mom's and Katherine's, and Allan's and Janet's on the couch." He told me making me excited.

"How is my moms and Allan's present here?" I asked confused.

"Your mom mailed it a while ago, so did Allan." He explained. I nodded in understanding. "Alright well I'm heading out. Have fun, be careful, and call me if you need anything." He lectured me while I just nodded.

"Where are you going?" I asked tilting my head to the side curious. He doesn't have any summer classes to teach so I have no idea where he's heading.

"I'm meeting up with another professor from the university." He said shrugging.

"Oh." I replied. I was afraid of asking whether it was a man or a woman. Yea, I was able to get through the divorce in one piece, but them seeing other people is something completely different. I know I can't stop him or my mom from dating and being happy, but it's going to hurt... I'm used to it being them two.

"See you tomorrow birthday girl." He said hugging me again.

"Tomorrow??" I replied even more confused. "You're not coming back til tomorrow?" I asked appalled, a bit too loudly. It is another lady he's seeing! He's sleeping with her already!? Is that where he goes every time he disappears? I thought he was at the hospital, but he was probably with that stupid professor he's seeing.