Chapter 17

Couples Day

"You two must go somewhere else! You guys can't see our dresses 'til the day of." Jess said to Daniel and Chris.

"Isn't that for weddings?" Chris asked raising his brows at her.

"Nope. Bye." Jess said tugging at my long sleeve.

"I'll text you when we're out." I told Chris over my shoulder.

"Soo?" Jess asked me wagging her eyebrows suggestively at me.

"Soo... what?" I asked playing innocent, making her scoff.

"Please, you know what I'm getting at. Have you two had sex yet?" She asked lowering her voice a bit so people next to us wouldn't hear. We were inside the dress store already and are currently scanning the racks. I blushed.

"No, I told you already." I said.

"Yea, you told me last week. A lot can happen in a week." She said. "Oo I love this dress." Jess said pulling out a long gorgeous grey dress.

"That's cute. Going to try it on?" I asked her. It's strapless and has a small design at the top that connect in the middle, from there it flows down. Simple, but what's wrong with that?

"Yup, but I think I'm going to get more dresses in case this one doesn't work out." Jess said putting that dress over her wrist. "Back to what I was saying... a lot can happen; I would know." She said with a wink making me smile bemusedly. In one week Daniel and her said the whole 'I love you' to each other and did the deed. She isn't a whore if you're thinking that. I honestly, have this gut feeling that they're going to end up getting married, have babies, etcetera, etcetera.

"Well, that whole, 'a lot can happen in a week' thing, didn't happen to me. And I doubt it's going to happen anytime soon." I mumbled the last part.

"What, why!?" Jess asked facing me, she obviously heard me. She had stopped looking through the racks. I sighed and shrugged. "Do you not want to?" She asked me.

"No, no, I do, but I don't know. I mean... every single time things get heated... he stops." I said biting my lip, not daring to look at her. It's true, there are times when things go a little bit over board, but he always makes sure not to go completely over board. It sucks because I want to. Every time he pushes me away I ask why and he gives me the same answer he always does, 'I don't want you to lose it this way.' However, I think his answer is bull because I get to decide when and where I want to lose it.

You read correctly, 'lose it,' as in, I'm still a virgin. Sadly, he isn't, he lost it with Emily and I hate that fact, but the past is the past, I can't hold that grudge against him.

"I just can't help but feel like there's something wrong with me." I grimaced at that, feeling insecure.

"Oh, honey there is nothing wrong with you. I would do you in a heart beat if I went both ways." She said making me laugh.

"OK, enough talk about that. When are we going to go look for masks?" I asked. The theme is masquerades, so obviously we need masks.

"I was thinking today... that's if we find our perfect dress." She said while scanning more racks. She has about 6 dresses on her wrist already while I have... zero.

"Don't you think you have enough dresses already?" I asked her.

"But what if I don't like any of them?" She asked.

"That first dress you got is going to be it." I told her.

"Yea, I really like that one. I'm going to try it on last. Save the best for last right?" She shrugged smiling. "Haven't found one you liked yet?" She asked.