Chapter 8

The Deal is On

I sat on the bench behind the basketball team. The game was about to start and I saw Chris look back at me and wink. My heart started racing. I smiled back at him feeling my heart squeeze. The schools team is in blue uniform while the opposing team was in red. Chris definitely rocked the blue uniform. His muscles were well defined, overall he looked hot.

I jumped startled by the whistle signaling both teams to warm up. I was feeling excited and nervous at the same time. Last time I was here, I was with Drake. I gulped and looked behind me to make sure Drake wasn't here. I sighed feeling paranoid.

"Mels!" I heard a squeal beside me and saw Jessica.

"Hey. I didn't know you were coming." I said with a smile, forgetting about Drake.

"Yea... I'm here on a somewhat date." She blushed looking around.

"With Who?" I asked with interest.

"His name is Daniel, we've been talking for a while, but we never went out. He was a manwhore so I didn't trust him at first." She said with a huge goofy grin. "He went to go get snacks right now and I saw you here so I decided to come by and say hi. Did you come by yourself?" She asked looking around to see if anyone was here with me.

"Um, no. I kind of had a date with Chris earlier and we came here after." I muttered. She squealed, but then pouted.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked sadly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't really think about it. I'll tell you all about the date though?" I offered.

"Ahh yess!!" She squealed again. I laughed and began telling her everything. Even about the bet. "Holy crap!!" She whispered yelled before catching someone's eye. "Aww, I have to go, Daniel's waiting for me. But you HAVE to tell me what happens when we get back to school, actually just text me!" She stated. "Oh, and careful with the cheer-bitch." She nodded her head towards the cheer-leaders. "Blondie, that's talking to Chris." I looked over. Right when I saw her I felt my mouth agape. Why is he talking to her? My heart sank and jealousy began to rise.

"Emily?!" I whispered yelled. Well great. This just tops off my jealousy; she's a CHEER-LEADER! "That's her." I stated telling Jess. "she's the one that threatened me to stay away from Chris in lunch." Jess's eyes widened in understanding nodding her head.

"Shit, we'll talk about this later, I have to go back to Daniel." She hugged me and then scurried back to Daniel. Wow. He's good looking also, not as much as Chris, but wow. He has dirty blonde hair, around 6', and looks built. They sat down on the other end of the bleachers. By then the game started. I took in a deep breath and looked around the gym. I froze when I saw his pair of eyes glaring at me. I gulped and turned around feeling suffocated. Drake. I scooted closer to the team so he wouldn't dare come near me. Once I was close enough to the team I felt safer, knowing Chris would come to me if Drake tried anything. Flashbacks of the last game came rushing back.

The crowd suddenly started cheering making me snap out of it. I looked up to see Chris looking at me, he had a smirk on, but it fell when he saw my face. I looked towards Drake, Chris followed my gaze. His jaw tightened. The whistle was blown and Chris turned to the ref as if wanting to call time out. I shook my head at him. 'Are you ok?' he mouthed. I nodded giving him a smile. My heart warmed at his gesture. He would call time out to make sure I was okay? My heart swooned.

Time flew by. Chris ended up making 10 shots before half-time leaving me flabbergasted. I didn't know he was that good.

"So far, I am going to get 10 kisses." He said coming towards me with a smug smile.