Chapter 10

Ditch Day - Part One

"What exactly are we going to do for 7 hours?" I asked curiously. Chris laid down on his bed, nodding to the spot next to him for me to lay down.

"Well, for starters I can get to know you better, you can get to see my awesome cooking skills, we can watch a movie, we can make out, and the list goes on and on." Chris said subtly making me laugh. A crooked grin appeared on his face.

"You know how to cook?" I asked amused and surprised, avoiding the kissing subject. "That I want to see." I said lying down on his bed where he motioned me to. Allan and my ex from back home could not cook at all. Their attempts at cooking were hilarious and poisoning.

"Yea, My mom used to have us all pitch in and help out in the kitchen. It would get really messy." He said smiling.

"Food fights?" I asked. He chuckled and nodded. "You're not going to throw food at me right?" I asked hesitantly with a smile.

"Depends." He mused.

"On what?" I asked.

"On what mood I'm in." He shrugged making me laugh.

"That sounds... assuring." I frowned with a smile. I decided to change the subject. "So do you play any other sports besides basketball?" I asked. 

"I used to play football, but I stopped after I got a concussion." He replied wincing.

"What happened?" I asked curious.

"I was running forward with the football when a guy tackled me taking my cast off; we were both down when another player from the other team came and hit me hard on the head. My cousin says it was done on purpose. The team we played against is our school's rival. I blacked out for a few seconds. When I was conscious I couldn't remember the incident, but I eventually ended up getting my memory back." He explained. I frowned, not liking that he got hurt. "Since then, I stopped playing."

"Do you miss it?" I asked curiously. I do not want to see him get hurt.

"Not really, the only reason I played was because my cousin wanted me to join the team with him. Plus I already have enough pressure with being the captain of the basketball team." He shrugged. I looked at him surprised. I didn't know he was the captain. My insides started squirming, him being the captain somehow makes him hotter. "What about you; Do you play any sports?" He asked snapping me out of my perverted thoughts.

"Nope." I smiled. Unless dancing counts as a sport.

"So what would you do back home?" He asked.

"Dance, go to the Pool or the beach, parties, hang out with friends, sister or brother, read, go to the mall, and I think that's about it." I said.

"Hang out with a boyfriend?" Chris asked with a a strange tone to his voice. I smirked. My turn to tease him.

"Jealous?" I asked raising my brow.

"Who's the one with the huge ego now?" He asked playfully giving my shoulder a small shove. I giggled and then heard a vibrate coming from my bag.

"My phone." What if it's my dad? I ran to my bag. New Text Message, it read.

Hey babes, Where r u?

Jess. I sighed a breath of relief and quickly replied,

Long story short I ditched w Chris, tell you the details ltr (;

"Jessica?" Chris guessed.

"How'd you know?" I put the phone back and laid down on my side to face him. He copied my movement.