Chapter 26

Fate

Life has been... Perfect. Something I thought would never come true. I turned 21 last week, and just like my other birthday's, it was spent with Chris. And once again it was unforgettable.

We are closer than ever. The sexual tension between us has increased if that's even possible, but it's no longer a problem since he no longer stops us from getting intimate. As a matter of fact, he instigates it most of the time - not that I'm complaining.

He is going towards his fourth year in Uni, meaning it's his last year. I'm so proud of him. He would stress a lot with several of his classes and he'd spend hours staying up at night to finish an assignment or to study for a test. Same goes for me, but I love my major and I know it'll be worth it in the end.

My dad and Chris have gotten closer, as if that were even possible. I guess with the whole my dad being Chris' teacher for three semesters in the architecture class caused that to happen. Same goes for Daniel since they both have the same major. He is also finishing the same time as Chris.

Daniel is still the same old Daniel despite his age. He still acts childish. and immature, and he still bugs the hell out of me. It wouldn't be Daniel though if he weren't bugging me. He is still with Jess and I still refer to them as a hot couple. Who wouldn't?

Bethany is still around... I scrunched my nose and frowned sadly thinking about her. They had ordered for the Dr. to pull the plug... I was furious.

My dad agreed with Bethany: that it was best for her to do that so my aunt would no longer suffer. Boy did I go off on him. What the hell were they thinking!? There was a possibility of her waking up the day after or a few minutes after if the Dr. hadn't pulled the plug. I had a huge argument with my dad and Bethany. My dad understood and ended up agreeing with me, but he didn't go against Bethany's wishes, he comprehended her. I however, didn't bother trying to comprehend her, as selfish as it is, I don't care. That was wrong. If it were my mom, I would have never ordered for the Dr. to pull the plug... There was still a chance, and Bethany threw that chance away. I shook my head wanting to get rid of the thought. It angered me just thinking about it.

"Chinese food is here." Jess said coming back to her room with two forks and plates filled with our order of Chinese food. I smiled and looked at it eagerly. I'm starving!

"About time." I huffed. We ordered take out and they took forever to get here. My stomach has been growling for over an hour. Jess rolled her eyes with a smile at my exaggeration. I giggled and sat up sitting cross legged on her floor. I was going to spend the night. It's summer and we're enjoying every minute of it before fall semester comes. We usually take summer classes, but we decided to take a break this summer. We're both working at an elementary school and I love it. The children are all amazing and funny. Each year I grow attached to the children in the class I help out in, and at the end of each year I get my heart broken because I would no longer get to bond with them.

"We ate just a few hours ago Melody. I don't know how you eat so much." Jess laughed and handed me my plate. I grabbed it and took a sniff, the smell of it caused my stomach to churn, making me gag. I covered my mouth and ran to her bathroom. "What's wrong?" Jess called out worriedly before I ran out of her room.

I threw up all the food I had ate earlier today. I felt the burn in my throat making me feel terrible. I continued throwing out everything I had stored in my stomach. How was it possible that I had this much food in my stomach yet I was starving? I took a deep breath feeling my throat dry and croaky. Fuck it burns. I flushed the toilet and stood up, rinsing my mouth and brushing my teeth. I then rinsed my mouth again.

My heart was beating frantically and my forehead was sweaty. I washed my face when I heard an impatient knock on the door. Once my face was dried I opened the door revealing Jess with a raised brow wanting an explanation for what just happened. I opened my mouth about to speak but a little voice stopped me.