Chapter 18

A Llittle Crazy Never Hurt Anybody

"Guess what tonight is?" Jessica sang sitting down next to me. Today is Friday, May 10th.

Tomorrow is going to be the weekend before Prom! And last I remember we all agreed to go skinny dipping this weekend. We had first decided we were going to do it tomorrow, but Jess changed it to tonight seeing as there's a party she wants us all to go to tomorrow.

"Friday night?" I asked playing dumb. The bell rang signaling 3rd period started. Mr. Hunt is currently in the developing room helping out a student who's having trouble with their film so we continued talking.

"Yes, good. You know your days." She said patting my head. I chuckled. "But that's not the answer I wanted. Tonight is the night we're going skinny dipping!" She squealed smiling giddily.

"Who?" I asked making her glare at me. I smirked. "OK, OK, I'm kidding." I laughed. "What time and where exactly are we meeting up?" I asked her.

"7:30 and at Central Park. Dani and Chris know of this secluded spot so no one will be there, plus it's still a bit cold at night so there shouldn't be many people around." She shrugged. I took a deep breath and sighed.

"I can't believe I'm actually going to go through with this." I mumbled.

"You need a little crazy in your life baby girl." Jess said winking at me. I chuckled.

"Yea... you think the guys are going to bet?" I asked. They make bets all the time, it annoys Jess, but it amuses me.

"Most likely." She said rolling her eyes. "Ooo I was thinking... can you make pasta after?" Jess asked, giving me a pleading smile. I laughed. The first time she went over to my house I made pasta and she fell in love with it. Ever since then, she's asked me to make it all the time. She became obsessed with it.

"Sure." I said rolling my eyes with a smile. "Are you coming over tomorrow to get ready for the party?" I asked.

"Duh, who else is going to help me get dressed up?" She asked. She only has one sibling whom is a little brother, so to her, I'm like a sister. I nodded.

"K," I said, "anyways, have you developed your film yet?" I asked her, taking out the work I still need to complete.

"Nope. I'm so behind." She said pouting and then shrugged. "Whatever, I'll turn it in late. I'll just have to kiss up to Mr. Hunt." I rolled my eyes at her.

"I can't believe he falls for it every time." I said.

"Well, I am his favorite student." She said shrugging cockily.

"No one likes a cocky person." I said.

"And yet I love Daniel." She sighs making me laugh.

........................................................

I put my towel inside my bag and exhaled. I am really nervous, I mean we're going skinny dipping! Meaning we're all going to be in on our birthday suits. Insecure much? Very. It's not that I don't have a nice body, I'm just going to feel very... uncomfortable? No one's seen me naked before, not even Chris. But I don't want to chicken out - I want to do this.

Jess and I agreed that we're going to have a bunch of crazy adventures, sort of like a bucket list, and skinny dipping is included.

Her parents approved of her going to San Diego with Chris and I for the summer. Daniel is going as well, so that should be fun. I already know some of the places I want to take them: Downtown, Old Town, Balboa Park, Coronado, a lot of beaches, Soak City - well it's now called Aquatica - and many more places. This summer is going to be epic.