Chapter 7

Ice Skating

Saturday came by quickly and I couldn't be any more excited. Chris and I had agreed on meeting up at 2 PM to go ice-skating.

Luckily, Drake hasn't bothered me anymore, he just shoots glares at me whenever he has the chance to. I grew used to them so they no longer fathomed me, although that night still haunts me. I try not to think about it. Also, Chris is always there so that might be the reason for Drake's glares not bugging me. The more time I'm spending with him, the more my feelings for him are growing. The difference this time though, I've decided to not hold back anymore.

I got ready and went to the living room to watch TV. There were still 30 minutes left for it to be 2. My dad went out to go eat with some of his co-workers. I was watching 'Pitch Perfect' and before I knew it, it was 2:05. Sh*t. He's probably outside already; I checked my phone and surely enough he sent a text saying he was outside. I quickly left and got inside his car once I spotted it.

"Hey." He greeted with a smile.

"Hi." I smiled cheekily feeling fuzzy inside at the sight of him. He literally brightens up my day.

"Tell me about yourself." He said out of no where.

"Um... what do you want to know?" I asked.

"Anything."

"OK... well My name is Melody Gonzalez. I am 17 years old. My favorite color is aqua. I love reading and listening to music..." I suck at talking about myself. He chuckled.

"You used to live in San Diego?" He asked.

"Yup."

"What school did you go to?"

"Patrick Henry."

"Why did you move?" He asked. Great. I was trying to avoid thinking about this and he decides to bring it up.

"I uh... Skip?" I asked avoiding his eyes.

"Why?" His voice was sincere. It was silent for a while before I spilled.

"My parents got a divorce." I answered frowning. Their divorce affected all of us. We went through a hassle hearing them fight all the time. I hated it. The car went quiet for the next minute.

"Who do you live with?" He then asked.

"My dad."

"You don't have any brothers or sisters?" He asked curiously.

"I do, an older brother who lives with his pregnant wife and a little sister who stayed with my mom." I answered.

"Why didn't you stay with your mom?" More curiosity dripped from his voice. I looked down.

"I wanted to... but I couldn't leave my dad alone. My little sister obviously was going to stay with my mom instead of my dad so I figured I should stay with my dad." I shrugged. He nodded.

"... My mom... passed away about 2 years ago. I now live with my dad... and a dreadful step-mom."

"She can't be that bad." I said now looking at him with a comforting smile.

"Oh, she is." He said scowling. I bit my lip. I wanted to take away that scowl of his and replace it with a smile. In fact I want to kiss those lips. I pushed those thoughts away quickly. Too soon.

"I'm sorry about that. What was your mom like?" I asked at an attempt to get him to think of happy things.

"She was... amazing. She was full of life and carefree. She would always ask me about my day... I would tell her almost everything. She gave the best advice ever. She was down to earth. She would help so many people. She would do a bunch of donations and volunteer anywhere she could." He had a smile on his face while talking about her, but his eyes were sad. He then put the car in parking mode and got out. I looked around and realized we were here already. I then thought back to his mom. I can't imagine living without my mom. She means the world to me. I would break if anything happens to her.