Chapter 1

One Cold December Morning a little girl named Holly went to wake up her parents as she wanted some breakfast to eat. Avery goes to the kitchen to make breakfast while her husband sits on the couch and reads the newspaper to see if anything is interesting in the paper. Holly was playing with her stuffed bears playing house. She wants a sibling to play with as she is an only child Avery smiled at her daughter Holly who was playing.

So Holly kept playing in her room and wondered what it would be like to have a little sister to play with. Holly kept playing until she was ready for a nap. She got into her bed and took a nap.

Avery and her husband talked about adding another child to the family and thought it would help Holly come out of her shell. So Avery and her husband would try tonight after Holly is in bed.

Holly woke up from her nap and was headed towards the kitchen for a snack. She looked in the fridge and found some apple slices. She grabbed them and went to the table to eat. Holly is 6 years old and was born in Minnesota. Her mother is Avery and her Father is Noah. Avery works at a hospital as an RN. Noah works as a swim coach at a local pool. Holly has a few friends in her class but they usually pick on her.

Avery heard about the other kids picking on Holly and decided to teach Holly how to stand up to them. Holly listened to every word that her mother said to her. Avery then went to get some chores done around the house and to do a few things. Holly played in her room all by herself. Avery thought about how Holly would do with a sibling. She wondered if Holly would get jealous or if the new sibling would.

Noah thought, "How am I going to make my daughter Holly happy?"

"A voice said, "Give her a big sister or a little sister to play with."

Soon Noah and Avery did just that.

Three weeks later, Avery took a pregnancy test and it said "Positive"

Avery went to break the news to Noah, her husband. He was thrilled by the news. They were going to add another bundle of joy to the family. She couldn't wait to tell Holly the good news. That night she told Holly at dinner that she was going to have a baby sibling. Holly smiled at her mom and dad at the thought of a little sister or little brother. So Avery took care of herself until the baby was due. She was getting the nursery prepared.

After getting the nursery prepared, Avery and her husband sat on the couch and thought about getting some new things for Holly. She has been a very big help with getting things done around the house. Avery wanted to take Holly shopping for some new clothes and some new toys. She smiled at the idea of new toys and clothes. She got into the car and got buckled up. Her mom got into the driver's seat and drove to the mall. Once arriving at the mall, They walked to the door and went to look around at the stores to pick out one.

Holly held onto her mother's hand while shopping in the first store. It had all kinds of clothes and styles. Her mother grabbed a few that Holly would like. Her mother found three dresses for Holly and some shoes to go with them. After finding the dresses, she went to look for some shirts and bottoms for Holly. So Holly found another outfit to wear and it was so beautiful that she wanted to try it on. She showed it to her mother and she approved of the outfit. After looking at clothes, it was time to go look at toys. So they headed to the toy store.

Once in the toy store, Holly noticed this was no ordinary toy store. She found it to be a magical toy store. Holly went to find her some toys and she found five new toys that she liked. So she showed them to her mother. Avery smiled as Holly was enjoying her time at the toy store. She then got her baby sibling a new toy. Then after checking out of the store, she and her mother went to another store to get something to eat.

As shopping can make you hungry and so they found the food court. They looked to see what restaurants they had in the food court. Once they found one, they ordered their food and found a table to sit at. Once they got their food, both Avery and Holly ate their lunch. So while eating lunch, Holly talked about her dance lessons and how there was going to be a dance competition coming up. Avery smiled.

She was very proud of Holly and couldn't believe her eyes at how much she had grown over the last few years. She was growing up so fast that Avery couldn't believe it neither could her dad. Noah had watched Holly and had seen Holly grow up and enjoyed going to see her dance. He hoped that Holly would be a pro dancer.

Avery smiled at Holly and knew just how much she loved her dancing.