35: Getting familiar

[35: Gettingfamiliar]

.___.

A few days ago, I had walked in on Trish and Brandon having sex on the couch. A few days ago, Zac had told me that I needed to decide which boy I wanted. And a few days ago... Harry said I was his.

Now with 3 days left in The States, I found myself walking around with Zac and Ron; observing the set and greeting people that we were going to be working with.

Looking around this place and knowing that we'd create something special, something lots of people will enjoy... made me smile.

My job was to make people feel apart of my journey - the actor's journey. And if at the end of the movie, you find yourself thinking that it wasn't so bad, then I've done my job.

"Hello Mitchelle." I smiled at the woman who pulled me in for a hug.

"Hello darling. Might I say that my daughter absolutely adores you."

"Does she?" I flushed. "Well I'm honored that she does." Mitchelle put her finger up before grabbing something from her bag.

"She told me to give you this," I stared in awe at the small scrapbook handed to me. The title, Why Madeline is Perfect, "she made it all by herself. She's pretty proud of it."

I found myself tearing up as I took off one of my bracelets.

"Here." I handed it to Mitchelle that looked at it wide eyed. "Give this to your daughter. She has my gratitude and my appreciation."

Cupping my hand over hers, her palm enclosed around the bracelet.

"T-thank you. Thank you so much." We gave each other a tight hug again as we pulled away. "My daughter will be so happy."

"I hope she is because I sure as hell am."

"Madeline!" Zac called from across the room before waving me to come over.

"Well I'll see you later Mitchelle."

"You also Madeline."

With a smile, I departed over to Zac that took me under his shoulder and pulled me out towards the back of the building.

"Ron says he wants to see us perform at least one scene before we go off for Christmas." I nodded as Zac pulled me up some stairs right before the exit.

My phone began to blare as I looked to see Harry's contact showing. With a sigh, I declined his message; explaining I was still on set.

"Harry again?" Zac asked opening the door as we entered the room to hear loud laughing.

"Yeah, I don't know what he wants though." We saw Ron and a few other men in the room look at us with large smiles.

"Your attention maybe." I nudged Zac in the side as Ron stood up.

"And these are my lovely actors. Madeline Rose and Zac Efron." With a wave to the older men, I was surprised at how friendly and warm they are.

At one glance, they looked like the type to fuck you up and spit you out.

Good to know they're not.

.___.

"Finally!" Harry exaggerated a sigh as I chuckled stepping into the car. Today was long yet fulfilling at the same time. My hand glanced at the ring Harry gave me as I smiled cutely at it. "You declined my call today." He huffed.

"You do know I work don't you?"

"Yeah I know, but I just want to talk to you." Such a clingy boy.

"So what are you doing for Christmas?" I asked watching the roads pass as we made our way back to the hotel. My eyes then looked over as I pulled the scrapbook onto my lap. This looked absolutely adorable.

"I'm going to visit my family and spend it with them."

"Cute." My fingers looked over the homemade book. Pictures, quotes, stickers and even short poems littered the page. It was fantastic to see and I could feel my insides clench at how unbearably perfect this was.

"What about you?" I thought.

"I don't know actually."

"You don't know who you're spending Christmas with?" I shrugged to myself.

"My family understands that I'm a busy woman and that sometimes I can't make it home for Christmas. I probably will visit them. But it'll be on the last day to surprise them all."

I bit my lip thinking about shocking my family at my sudden arrival. It'll be amazing.

"Well, what are you doing New Year's Eve?" Harry drew out as I slumped back in my seat.

"Probably getting drunk. Partying. You?"

"I want to spend it with you Madeline." My heart leapt out of my chest. "Maybe we can go some place private and just relax. I want nothing more than to say I could start the new year with you."

This boy sure is good with his words.

"I'll think about it." I smiled to myself. "We'll definitely talk about it when I come over."

"Three days..." he breathed. "Three days until I can see you again. I'm getting excited just thinking about it."

My phone buzzed as I put it on loud speaker to check the message.

Niall: facetime me. Need to ask you something xx

"Love?"

"Yeah, yeah! Sorry. I got caught up in my thoughts." I bit my lip.

Me: be on in 15 minutes x

"Are you gonna show up at the airport again?" I laughed running my fingers over the scrapbook.

"I'll be waiting there, yes. I'm not waiting any longer for you than I have to."

"You're such a romantic." I cooed, watching the neighbourhood turn familiar as we neared the hotel.

"Just for you baby girl." The name had my fingers tingle as I picked up the phone.

Niall: ok :) talk soon babe xx

I wonder what Niall wanted to talk about - what he wanted to ask me. I had a feeling it was important. But then again, I wasn't going to rush to him to leave Harry behind.

Harry was being honest and ridiculously sweet to me. I wasn't going to hang up on that.

I can't wait to see either of the boys before Christmas. It'll be great to see them and hug and talk and just be with them.

Now I'm getting impatient.

.___.

Copyrighted 2016. @Nouis_Strikes_Again