Epilogue

[Publication date: 22-12-15]
[Finished date: 04-01-16]

Mummy Nouis xx

.___.

I'm not usually the type to get up early in the mornings without a fight. But today was a special day; Christmas in fact. And I was pretty excited to be spending it with Trish.

Flaunting out cash yesterday to buy her presents, I had no choice but to wrap them in my room if I wanted them to be a surprise.

Turns out that Trish had missed me a lot because she came into into my into my room at quarter to 10 last night with a block of Cadbury and two hot chocolates; she said she wanted to spend some catch up time with me.

We watched movies up into the a.m before deciding to call it a night -or morning?-.

So with barely any sleep, jetlagged and hungry... here we are.

"I wanna open mine!" Trish clapped her hands as I sat down beside her, watching her hand out the presents between us.

Most of her presents were a lot bigger than mine, but that's because I know she likes getting big presents. It excites her.

"Wait!" She pulled out her phone and put it on the coffee table close by. "Let's take a selfie." With a laugh and a nod, Trish timed the photo as we both sat by each other smiling.

The photo clicked and Trish pulled it back before we looked at it.

It was nice; quaint, cute and I loved it.

We both had reindeer ears on with reindeer onesies. Except Trish was wearing a red nose and I wasn't. She wanted to be Ruldolf so who was I to stop her?

"Send it to me." I say as she nods, clicking away for me to suddenly get a buzz in my pocket.

No doubt the picture would be on Instagram. And what a guess that was.

Merry Christmas everyone!! @_MaddyLane_ and I are enjoying our Christmas xx

I smiled and hearted the photo before putting my phone away.

"Present time!" I yelled and Trish laughed loudly along as we ripped away at the wrapping.

.___.

"Pass me the custard will you." Trish teased as I handed her the boxed container. Ok, so we're not the poshest people to dine with on Christmas day. But who needs to be when it's all about relaxing and enjoying time with people you love?

My phone rung beside my bowl of cheesecake and custard as I looked at it.

"Who is it?" Trish asked with a mouthful of dessert.