Luna Lovegood x Alex Black

((Written for NicoDiAngelo126 ))

The Yule Ball is coming up. Everyone is rushing around to be the first to ask their crushes to go with them. Many already have dates. I, on the other hand, have yet to ask the girl I fancy most. She's sitting at the end of the Ravenclaw table, reading a copy of The Quibbler. She's so beautiful with her long, blonde hair, soft blue eyes, and dreamy voice. Luna was everything I wanted. I gathered the bit of courage I had and crumpled a piece of paper and tossed it at her. She looked up and smiled sweetly. I waved to her and mouthed the words "will you go to the ball with me" but she just looked confused. I took a deep breath and walked over to her, my hands were getting sweaty with each step I took. I was finally standing beside her.
"Hello, Alex. What was it that you said?" Her voice swept me off my feet. I let out a nervous laugh.
"I, um, was wondering if you'd like to go to the ball with me? I-if you want to. I mean, I understand if you don't."
She looked down at the parchment ball, smiled, and looked back up. "I was wondering when you'd ask me. I even turned down that Neville boy from Gryffindor. I would love to go with you."
I jump excitedly. "I can't wait to dance with you." Luna laughs and I go back to my seat with a blush on my face.

~Time Skip~
I stood by the stairs waiting for Luna to arrive. I looked around the room and everyone looked amazing. Just as I turned back to the staircase, Luna was walking down. She was in a simple yellow and orange dress, but she was perfect. "Wow, Luna. You look beautiful."
"Thank you, Alex." She folds her hands in front of her.
"So... Would you like to dance?" I hold out my hand as she nods. She takes my hand and we walk out to the dance floor. I hear continuous murmurs about how 'Loony got a date.' I tried to ignore them as best as I could. All I cared about was her. The music was slow, so I brought her close to me and we danced. Her eyes met mine and I became lost in them. We slowly began to close the gap between our lips. The connection was magical. It was almost as if fireworks were exploding in the room. When we pulled away, I brushed a strand of hair out of her face. "Luna? Will you be-"
"Yes, I will be your girlfriend." She kisses me again, sweetly and we continue to dance the night away. Tonight has been the best night ever.